Liposuction Have Any Side Effects At Age 19?

Liposuction at 19 and Side Effects

+1

The age alone should not negatively impact the results of liposuction.  The skin in a 19 year old would probably be better than the skin of that same individual at 30 or 35.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lipo side effects

+1

Liposuction is a surgical procedure that carries some risk, as does every surgical procedure.  There are no additional risks just due to your age.  I would recommend a visit to a Board Certified plastic surgeon who will be able to review your medical history, examine you, and explain to you in detail what the risks/benefits of this procedure are to help you determine if it is right for you.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Not any age-related side effects

+1

Liposuction is an invasive procedure, and as so, it has possible side effects related to it, as do every surgical procedure. The fact that you are 19 doesn't gives any additional side effects, so in a healthy patient, I believe the procedure could be done if cleared by a pre-op cardiovascular and anesthetic evaluation.

Nonetheless, every case has to be evaluated in an individual basis, as every patient is different. If you have localized fat deposits that won't go away with exercise or diet, then liposuction is an option for you.

The best option for you is to visit a board certified plastic surgeon, so after through evaluation  of your case, can offer the best alternative available for you.

Rafael E. Estevez Hernandez, MD

Liposuction at the age of 19?

+1

I would not recommend Liposuction below the age of 21. preferably after 25. it also depends on the surgeon who is performing the procedure as they might have a different preference for the age limit. There is no medical reason for liposuction to be performed at age <25. it is an elective procedure and can be done at a later age. its best if it is delayed until after 25

Misbah Khan, MD