Liposuction Revision - Is It Needed? (Photo)

Looking for advice on whether I should have more lipo done on my flanks and backside to create a better silhouette.  I've done lipo twice now because the first doctor made a mess of my ab area and threw off my proportions to my side and back...the second doctor tried to revise the ab areas and remove the excess of my side n back and inject into buttocks but the fat did not hold around the left hip n I think the fullness of my butt has gone down & I still feel it is not soft and smooth.

I'm looking for a doctor who is a perfectionist and uses smaller cannulas to fix the problems.  After the 2nd surgery, I had carbotherapia which even though not spoken well of it has done wonders for the lumpiness on my ab area and toned the quality of my skin...but it doesn't melt enough of the fat where I would like it to be super smooth.

Im 5'2 ..116lbs..i work out by doing pilates and pure barre..43 now.  Doctors please let me know..Ive had some doctors suggest a tummy tuck..I don't think I need that yet despite my loose skin...other doctors say no there is not enough skin..

Liposuction Revision - Is It Needed?

+1

I am not sure that you have enough laxity for a tummy tuck.  I would not promise that a revision liposuction could fix this without an examination.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.      Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

LIposuction revision

+1

This   kind     of    irregular  areas  are  the  result   of   big  cannulas    and  take  out too  much   when  was  not   needed , Sometimes    just    with pressure  girdle   and  good manual  lynphatic  drainage   with   professional ultrasound,    should    be gone   enough    when   is not     you   need  to  have  a  revision surgery  with  an  experience   doctor  that   will use adequate    cannulas    number    2   or   3    to  finish ,  after  this  revision  procedure     you  have   to be  consistenTly   on the  use   of  girdle  at  least   for 2  month  7/24  regular  massage , and  US    .  For   other  areas   of    your   body    you  still  need  more contour  it  seems   that   the   doctor   just  focused  on  central   abdominal  areas   forgetting  waistline  and   other  areas . my  recommendation  is   to   wait   at  least   6 month  after  last intervention  and   the  plan   your revision  surgery

Cynthia Disla, MD

+1

Over the internet very hard if not impossible to give guidance that is appropriate. Seek MORE IN PERSON evaluations. 

Tumescent liposuction with the micro canulas can really help improve most areas.

+1

Liposuction under local tumescent with the micro cannulas are what is needed to improve most problem areas and is worth doing. You are back to work in 2 days and in the gym in a week.  Sincerely,David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction, fat grafting, tummy tuck, or time.

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  Dissatisfaction with liposuction often revolves around contour irregularity, skin laxity, or issues with proportions.  Irregularity and proportions can be treated with a combination of fat grafting and liposuction.  Ultrasound liposuction may be needed if scar tissue has developed after your prior two liposuction procedures.  Skin laxity, on the other hand can only be addressed through a surgical procedure such as a tummy tuck. 

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Revision liposuction for contour irregularity

+1

Your overall proportions look good, but you have a few areas that may benefit from revision with small cannulas and high volume infusion.  Be sure to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can show you a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can guag the types of results that are reasonable to expect.

Daniel Greenwald, MD