Can Liposuction Revision Be Done Under Local Anesthesia? Cost?

Hi, I had liposuction 8 years ago. I have one large indentation as well as waviness on my left thigh that I have lived with and am sick of. I am going to schedule some consultations but want to be mentally prepared as to cost/extent of surgery/expectations I'll be looking at. Are these issues too serious to be corrected? If it can be corrected,can this lipo revision be done under local anesthesia? And how much estimated would a repair like this cost? Thank you.

Liposuction deformity

+1

These deformities can be fat grafted with much success. This can be done with local anesthesia in office.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction can be done with just local anesthetic

+1

The principles of tumescent liposuction began with peforming liposuction without general anesthesia, or even conscious sedation. The local anesthetic is very dilute and helps lessen the bruising because a large volume is used to plump up the tissues (tumesce means to firm up). You may however, only need some fat injections. See your doctor to determine, in person, with an examination what is best.

Ronald Shelton, MD

All liposuction can be performed under local anesthesia.

+1

All liposuction can be performed under local anesthesia. For the depression in the photo, fat transplantation from another part of the body is a better choice, and should be performed under local anesthesia.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction under local

+1

Certainly some forms of liposuction especially for small amoutns can be done under local in the right type of patient. If you have waviness and irregularity, you may need fat injections as opposed to more liposuction.

+1

You really need in person evaluations. I recommend NOT lipo but fat tranfer to the depressed areas. Fee range from $4,000 to $8,000. Yes possible under local lidocaine. 

+1

I agree with Dr. Khoobehi; you will need to have liposuction from an alternate area (abd or butt) with fat transferred to the depressions, may need some feathering lipo of the leg areas.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lipo alone will not help

+1
You will need lipo and fat grafting to correct the depressions. This can be done under local anesthesia. The cost will vary depending on the extent of the revision.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon