What to Expect from Liposuction the Second Time Around?

Can I expect the same results as the last time I had Liposuction five years ago? The last time most of my swelling and bruising was gone after one month. My skin looked good and re-draped well. 

Since then, I've gained about 20 lbs. I'm getting my arms, back, flanks and knees done. Can I expect the same pattern of healing?

Probably close

+1

Secondary liposuction (in areas previously treated) tends to produce less fat removal and is less uncomfortable in general. Areas not treated before will probably be more like the "first time" recovery-wise.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

Are these new areas being treated?  If so and if the same plastic surgeon using same techniques recovery should be similar.  If not, you may note some differences in your convalescence.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD