How Soon Can I Have Another Liposuction?

I had liposuction last December. It is already March yet I have not seen any significant changes in my body. Sure, my tummy has flattened a bit but my clothes' size remain the same and the bulges are still there, particularly in my arms & thighs.

This is why I am considering another operation. Is this necessary? If so, how soon can I have another procedure done?

Swelling after Liposuction

+2

It is not uncommon to see significant swelling after liposuction. This swelling can last for months, and is one of the reasons that I have my patients wear tight surgical garments for at least 2 months.

A good way to determine if you still have swelling is to follow your weight after your liposuction. If your weight goes up or stays the same after extensive liposuction, chances are that you are retaining excess fluid. I weigh my liposuction patients during every visit after surgery to follow their water retention. You can consider additional liposuction, but I would wait until the swelling is completely down--at least 8 to 12 months.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction redo

+1

Repeat liposuction can be performed in some instances. This requires a full exam. Uusally I wait at least 6 months or longer to do this.

Can do repeat liposuction in 6 months

+1

Wait a full six months before more liposuction.  And go to another plastic surgeon.  This will improve your chances of a better result.

Swelling may still be present.

+1

Generally I advise individuals to wait a minimum of 4 and preferably 6 months prior to undergoing a secondary liposuciton procedure.

Discuss the volume of fat that was remoeved with your intitial procedure. It is likely that you did have significant fat removed but are still experiencing residual swelling.