Liposuction Repair 5 Years Post TT? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck in 2001. The Surgeon suggested liposuction 5 right before surgery telling me I'd be much happier with the results. After surgery, I noticed the scars were uneven and high up the side of my belly and a slight area of uneven skin tone. I went back to speak to him about the scar and he was going to charge me to change it. There is a large lump/ bump and a dip on my the right side of my upper thigh/buttock. I would like to know if It can be fixed.

Unhappy with Tummy Tuck Results 5 years later

+1

From your description and pictures, I think you would benefit greatly from a scar revision, additional liposuction, and fat transfer to the areas that are sunken in.  If you do not feel comfortable returning to your original surgeon, I would contact someone in your area that performs fat grafting and liposuction regularly to help.  Good luck.

Buttock Fat Grafting

+1

I do believe that you a candidate for fat grafting to the buttock and other areas.  The key is to find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs fat grafting hundreds of times each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Tummy Tuck Scar Revision and Buttock/Thigh Contour Correction

+1

You are talking about two different issues. The scar issue was not caused by having done liposuction at the same time. The right thigh/buttock contour issue may or may not have been related to the liposuction and it has been five years since the procedure. Both scar and contour issues can be improved by scar revision and fat injection grafting with or without a small amount of liposuction around the area. That would require better photographs for a more definitive opinion as to how it would be done.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/tummy.html

Unhappy with contouring and scars followoing a tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

Unfortunately, you did not provide photos of your abdomen so it is impossible to answer any questions regarding your results and possible corrections. Furthermore, it is not clear what areas were liposuctioned and what they looked like before surgery. Have you had any significant weight gain since surgery?

Your best bet at this point in time is to be evaluated by another plastic surgeon who can provide you with much more precise recommendations after examining you. It appears that the "indented" area may benefit from some fat injections.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Liposuction correction 5 years after tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and photo. A frontal view photo would've been helpful since you are asking about the abdominal scar as well. The photo shows a deformity of your right buttock cheek with dimples and flatness. I personally do a lot of liposuction during my tummy tucks, but there are surgeons who do a limited amount and limited areas.I would've liposuctioned your whole back, bra rolls waist, hip rolls, which are still present. I'm not sure what happened to the right buttock, but if that was liposuctioned like this, I wonder if your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon. Liposuction is a great procedure in the hands of a well trained surgeon who can understand the anatomy and is skilled in 3 dimensional body contouring. Your buttock can be improved with fat grafting to smooth it out and give you better shape, and further contouring of your back  as I stated above. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Repair 5 Years Post TT

+1

With this posterior view, I can only comment on the contour there. An in person exam will be superior in make suggestions and plans.

I do see a contour irregularity that I feel can be improved by liposuctioning from the areas of fullness, and injecting fat into the area that is deficient in contour. 

A front view showing the incisions would be helpful if you wish comments on improvement in that area.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.