Liposuction Recovery

I'm thinking about liposuction but I need more info. about the recovery.  How much time is usually enough for liposuction recovery? Do most people see days, weeks or months of downtime after lipo?

Liposuction Downtime

For most individuals I recommend they take about a week off of work. For patients having small amounts of liposuction they may only need 2-3 days. Swelling usually starts to go away in earnest at about 7-10 days after surgery and patients look good in clothes by this time. As far as strenuous activity is concerned, I usually recommend that patients start to ramp up into their prior workout routine at about two weeks - being careful not to cause discomfort. For most patients I find that they are back to full speed by 4-6 weeks after surgery even though their swelling will be reducing for probably 3-5 months. Bruising is rarely an issue after two weeks following surgery. Best of Luck