Right Liposuction Procedure for a Younger Patient?

I'm 22 years old, 5'8" and about 205 pounds. I have tried everything but my midsection (upper and lower abs, love handles, and flanks) and upper arms just don't get any smaller. I want to go in for Liposuction and give myself a boost. I have heard about varying recovery times and results for different procedures, and I am wondering, what is the right one for me?

Liposuction is not the healthy answer-please visit a weight loss specialist

+1

Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, it is a contour procedure. There is a useful calculator that the National Institute of Health provides (http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ ). It gives you a number called body mass index (BMI). If you run the numbers and it places you over 30, which is in the obese category you should pursue weight loss. For your long term health you need to exhaust all options to loose weight. Liposuction may improve your contour a bit, but it won't significantly change your weight. Liposuction does have it's rightful place, but at your age the best advice is to pursue weight loss more vigorously and then reassess.

You should do great with tumescent liposuction.

+1

Hi! You sound like a very good candidate for liposuction. You will still be overweight afterwards, but you will have much better shape.

Beware of gimmicks. It is not the exact machine or name of the procedure that determines the result. It is the skill and experience of the surgeon. Liposuction is sculpture. Go to a board certified plastic surgeon, and ask to see lots of before and after pictures.

The same is true of the recovery. It's all about the surgeon. Our patients in NYC go back to work or school in 4 or 5 days, they exercise in 2 weeks, and they look fine in a bathing suit in one month.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.