Liposuction Procedure to Bring out Muscle Definition in Already Lean Patient?

My weight is stable around 150lb, and I'm 5'9" male. Even though I have some visible muscle tone, there is a final, probably 5 lbs of fat I need to remove to bring out clear muscle definition (i.e. "shredded"). The fat isn't really localized, but it's distributed in a thin layer that hides the muscle curvature in my abs and arms. Which liposuction procedure is best suited to my situation? I am located in VA. (Disclaimer: the picture is not me, but illustrates what I mean by "shredded")

Hi Def or 3D Liposuction to unveil the underlying Muscles

+3

Hi Def or 3D Liposuction has been around for a few years and CAN be done successfully on individuals who ARE muscular but whose muscle details are covered by a thin layer of fat.

Although Sound Surgical which produces VASER and owns the term Liposelection heavily markets this procedure, you do not need this equipment to produce these results. (I am a VASER user in many of my cases). Nice results are being produced with manual or power-assisted liposuction.

The key is a careful examination of the patient and a good knowledge of anatomy coupled with a sense of artistry. Be aware than the fat acts as a mild blanket covering details of the underlying muscle good or bad. If you are muscular careful differential sculpting of the fat (taking more off in some areas and less in others) will result in a nice result. But if you are a couch potato, such liposuction will unveil the current status of those muscles as well.

Good Luck.

Dr. Aldea

I believe you are barking up the wrong tree.

+2

I can assure you that the fellow in this photograph did not get there by liposuction.  If you want to get "shredded" or what is generally referred to as ripped, the formula does not involve liposuction.  By the way, most so-called high definition liposuction before and after photos that I have seen appear to be maybe liposuction augmented by a couple of thousand hours of working out plus diet.  Your height and weight 5'9" and 150lb is abnormally light.  If you want to look like the fellow in the photo you need to be prepared to add weight in the form of muscle mass.  Here is how you do it:  Devote 3 or 4 hours per day 5 or 6 days a week to working out at a cross fit gym or if you live in Salt Lake CIty area go join Gym Jones.  Diet is simple: no carbohydrates.  Who needs liposuction. BTW this type of intense workout plus diet needs to be under the direct supervision of your personal physician.

Liposuction to make the muscles look more visible

+2

It's not the equipment or even type of liposuction that makes much of a differenece, but the experience, knowledge and artistic sense of the surgeon that is utilized to produce the desired result. Superficial liposculpture/liposuction is controversial as the excessive removal of superficial fat will make the underlying muscle anatomy more visible, but there is a risk of permanent alteration of the skin's appearance and even scar tissue. Some fat needs to remain as a cushion and a protective layer to maintain the skin's normal defenses and healthy circulation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Avoid liposuction if you already look very good.

+1

Hi.

If you look remotely like the picture you posted, I think it is very unwise to have liposuction. You have no idea of the possible deformities that you can get after surgery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)