How Soon After Liposuction Can I Get Pregnant?

I am turning 38-year-old. I have 1 child and was postponing my Liposuction 'til after the birth of my second. Since pregnancy is being difficult, I'm at the point where I'd like to have my Liposuction done. My mom's side of the family all turn into barrels around the midsection and I'd like to avoid that. How soon after Liposuction can I get pregnant and what are the affects of Lipo on pregnancy? My OB has never run into this question, and I can't find any articles on the subject, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Wait until after the pregnancy.

+2

You have excess skin along with the fat now. It will be better to wait until after the pregnancy. Then you can have the liposuction with a modified tummy tuck.

Liposuction

+1

Dear Goddesscomplex

Surgical timing and pregnancy is very important. First, be sure that you are not pregnant! Your tummy will change with each pregnancy- how much it will change is variable.

You must compare the trade off of having liposuction done before you have another chaild or waiting till you have finished having children. The genetic pattern of the body shape of your family will not change with the surgery and external changes can be corrected at any time. Liposuction may not be the correct procedure for you- in order to achieve the goal you desire.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Pregnancy after liposuction should wait six months

+1

Liposuction itself will not interfere with your anticipated pregnancy, however the drugs used for anesthesia or sedation and pain control after may have some unforeseen risk. It would be best if you had several normal cycles before attempting to become pregnant to ensure the safest outcome from your pregnancy. After, begin exercise and stress control and a multiple vitamin, all medication except Tylenol should be avoided. Of course no smoking or alcohol and then begin the begat.

Pregnancy will not ruin the benefits of liposuction as long as you remain fit, eat well, and control weight gain. You may look for a class or trainer who specialises in fit pregnancy to assist.

peterejohnsonmd

You already need a tummy tuck so wait until after you are done having children for anything

+1

From the look of your abdomen already, you are not a great liposuction candidate and would have a much flatter better abdomen from a tummy tuck.  So save your money, skip the lipo and have the TT done after you are done having children. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS