Liposuction For Pooch, Muffin Top

I'm 35;always hated my lower abs. My hips/butt are always super tone. I'm 5 2", 117. Average weight=110. Gained 35 lbs on antidepressants, pooch is worse and now muffin top. Lost weight from phentermine was on for 2 months. Eventually I'd like to have kids, but I have since had to turn down Playboy and other offers cuz of this. Have tried everything. Lipo seems drastic, but the alternatives get mixed results. A consult I went on suggested tum lipo at a quote of $4200. Any advice?

Localized fat

+2

The best candidates for liposuction are individuals with localized deposits of fat. Also younger patients who have good skin elasticity are better candidates. as your weight is close to your ideal weight and you appear to have very good skin elasticity you appear to be a good candidate for liposuction, the volumes of fat that you appear to need removed would not be amenable to other types of treatments.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurg.org

Abdominal liposuction

+1

Liposuction is ideal for contouring localized areas of diet-resistant fat- for example the abdomen and saddlebags in many women.  Patients who are at or near their goal weight and those with good skin integrity do best.  I recommend that patients be at a stable weight for at least 3-6 months prior to getting liposuction.  Liposuction is not a method of weight loss- in fact, the number on the scale will change very little.  It is also important to maintain a healthy lifestyle post-operatively to maintain your best results. From your photograph, you would do well with liposuction of the upper and lower abdomen and flank regions, performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon.  

Liposuction should do well for abdomen and sides.

+1

Liposuction should do good for you for your abdomen and sides as well. It is not a drastic intense surgery at all and can give dramatic results.  Your quote of 4200 is exceptional.  Most would expect to pay 5000-7000.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction for several areas

+1
Liposuction is ideal for patients who have localized fat deposits and good skin tone that will "shrink wrap" once the fat is removed. Your photo appears to show the qualities favorable for the result you are wanting. Most of the "new" procedures have not withstood the test of time nor produced the outcomes achievable with liposuction. Your quoted fee is reasonable for the Chicago area.
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

I would recommend losing enough weight, with exercise and diet, so that you are happy with the rest of your body.  At that point, you may have a small amount of residual fat in the abdominal and hip area.  If you are unable to lose that fat, that would be the time to consider liposuction.  The results would be better, and your skin would look smoother than if you were to try to use liposuction as an alternative to weight loss.  That approach would also be healthier for you in the long run.   And the price may be less.

Liposuction?

+1

Need better photos posted, you turned down PLAYBOY? Obtain MORE in person evaluations, but some type of lipo could satisfy you. 

Am i a candidate for liposuction

+1

If you are close to your ideal body weight but have small areas of fatty deposits that seem resistant to diet and exercise, then you are a great candidate for liposuction. While there are a couple of devices available that treat fat nonsurgically, i think their results in general are modest and not always consistent. Plastic surgeons who specialize in cosmetic surgery of the body are great resources because they provide patients with the spectrum of options and can review the pros and cons specific to you. See a member of ASAPS in  your area.