What Kind of Liposuction Do You Recommend For My Flanks? (photo)

I am considering liposuction on my flanks. I would like to know what type of liposuction would be best with my body type as well as how do I know if I am more/less susceptible to the risks and negatives of liposuction (dimpling)? Please read the description in the photos posted. I thank you in advance for your time and knowledge.

Liposuction

+1

Based on your posted photos you look like a good candidate for the liposuction you are inquiring about. One "type" of liposuction has not proven inherently better than another. If that were the case all of the surgeons would be rushing to use that modality.

To decrease the risk of dimpling your surgeon should generously inject liposuction solution just prior to the liposuction, be less aggressive in areas with less fat and specifically control which areas under more superficial liposuction. That approach will give you the most even/smoothest end result.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Best type of liposuction

+1

The photos demonstrate youth and apparently good skin quality with little to no stretch marks.  There is a small to moderate amount of subcutaneous fat in the upper hips and abdomen.  All characteristics that would likely make you an ideal candidate for liposuction.

Regarding the technology used I would highly recommend that it shouldn't even be a consideration for you.  Find a good surgeon with a lot of experience in liposuction that you trust.  Trust the technology that he/she has the most skill and faith in to get the best results in their hands.  In my hands that would be power assisted liposuction with 4 mm cannula deep, 3 mm cannula superficial and a 3 mm flared tip cannula without suction at the completion for superficial "smoothing". 

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and hips

+1

Really it doesn't matter so much which machine is used it has to do with the person doing it. I always say it is not the wand but the magician waving the wand that creates all the magic!

Best kind of liposuction

+1

You are young with thick skin. You are at a low to average risk for dimpling, if surgery is done correctly. Look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Your best liposuction is Microaire

It combines suction+vibration. It shortens surgery time. I start with a 3 mm.

With thick skin, laser liposuction, e.g. Smartlipo is unnecessary.

Ultrasonic liposuction (e.g. Vaser) has no benefit that I can see.

I recommend a circumferential (back to front) liposuction of your flanks, upper and lower abdomen. Doing just the flanks is ok but may make your tummy look fat.

Hope this helps. Best wishes!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Lipo on muffin top

+1

Thanks for posting great exposed photos. My choice is Smart Lipo Triplex 1064/1440nm, blend 3 about 15,000 joules with clean out via traditional lipo using a #3 mm cannula multiple openings. PS might recommend lower abdomen also. 

Liposuction of "Muffin Tops"

+1

Liposuction was invented in Paris, France circ. 1975.  It was first presented in the United States in 1982 at the ASPS Meeting in Honolulu, Hawaii.  Since that time, cannulas have become smaller.  Tumescent liposuction was a great breakthrough.  All other techniques after tumescent have not shown themselves to be any better than standard old school liposuction.  A board-certified plastic surgeon experienced with hundreds or even thousands of liposuctions should be able to give you excellent results.  In my practice, liposuction from the mid-back towards the flanks and then from the pubic area and belly button again towards the flanks should give you the requested results.  Complications of liposuction, though rare, are more related to surgical skill (or lack thereof) than the type of liposuction technique (instrumentation) used.  

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for the flanks

+1

Liposuction is a great surgical technique for minor irregularities and fatty deposits. this procedure is surgeon and technique dependent. regardless of what ever 'type" of liposuction is performed it is important to know that u find your self a surgeon who is able to give you realistic results. I often combine flank liposuction with lower abdomen as this gives a rather smooth more natural looking appearance.

Misbah Khan, MD

Liposuction Techniques

+1

My advice it to look for a board certified plastic surgeon who is specialized in liposuction. I would put less emphasis on the type of liposuction and more on the credentials of the surgeon.  Most plastic surgeons perform many types of liposuction and customize the techniques to the individual needs of the patient.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Best type of liposuction

+1

Liposuction is more surgeon-dependent than technique/technology dependent. Find an experienced board certified surgeon whose work you like and you should do fine! Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon