Is Liposuction Relatively Permanent If I Generally Fluctuate 10 lbs?

I am thin, I am 5'4 and 120 lbs but I have stubborn belly fat I want to get rid of. My weight usually fluctuates from between 110-120 and I am wondering that if I get liposuction on my belly could I easily gain it back in my belly if my weight fluctuates like that.

Permanency of Liposuction

+1

Liposuction is only permanent if you change your diet and exercise lifestyle significantly or else you can regain your weight.

Lipo beneficial even if weight fluctuates a small amount

+1

your contours will always be better than before the surgery, even with small (<10 lbs) weight changes.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the abdomen and weight fluctuations

+1

Ten pounds is not a tremendous amount as relates to liposuction results. Whether or not you would be a good candidate could be determined by seeking a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Without providing any photos, it is difficult for precise commentary online.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Liposuction and weight fluctuation

+1

If your weight only fluctuates 10 lbs you should be ok if you have liposuction. Patients that gain a lot of weight may  notice weight going on areas that is did not really accumulate before.

Is Liposuction Relatively Permanent If I Generally Fluctuate 10 lbs?Answer:

+1

A 10 pound fluctuation is usually no big deal....You should still have a great result and be able to see a difference...But, now 11 lb. ????? jk ....but try not to go much above that. On your frame that might be noticable...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is still good option with minor weight fluctuation

+1

Weight fluctuation of 10 pounds will not make much of a difference in the result with one area of liposuction. Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, however, so maintaining a healthy lifestyle after surgery will guarantee you great and long-lasting results.

Donna Rich, MD

Liposuction

+1

Without pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice on your potential results.  With that said, if you have liposuction, you are permanently removing the fat.  However, liposuction does not prevent you from gaining weight if you have a poor diet or do not exercise regularly.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD