Can Liposuction Be Performed on Calfs ?

Yes, excess fat can be removed with liposuction around the calves.

+1

Excess fat around the calves can be successfully treated with liposuction.  This is one of the lesser common areas for liposuction but does respond to careful liposculpture.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Calf liposuction.

+1

Liposuction can be used to contour almost every area of the body, including the calves. Historically calf and ankle liposuction has had one of the lowest satisfaction ratings of any body area and it is because it is easy to get sub-optimal results.

When considering calf liposuction your selection of a doctor is the most important decision that you make.  In my Salt Lake City, Utah plastic surgery office I perform a very high volume of liposuction procedures and feel comfortable contouring the more difficult areas of the body.  You also have to have realistic expectations from this procedure as well.  

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of calves

+1

Liposuction can be used to contour the calves and requires experience and meticulous technique. Individuals who complain of the thickness of their calves and ankles who do not see improvement with weight loss and exercise can benefit from reshaping these areas.

This is a delicate region  where swelling can be more pronounced and prominent in the ankles.  Leg elevation, rest and support stockings are helpful in the recovery period.

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon