Is the Liposuction Part in Brazillian but Lift Dangerous?

I'm 24 years old and healthy...and I'm considering Brazillian butt lift, but the liposuction part freaks me out. I hear in news and from friends, that people to this day still die from liposuction. What are the total risks of this procedure? Thank you for your time. Kayly

Is a Brazilian Butt Lift Dangerous???

+1
The Brazilian Butt Lift generally encompasses two principles to refine and shape the buttock.  The first is that in order to make the buttocks larger, you must make everything around it smaller ie.  waist, flanks, medial thighs, abdomen.  Second, to refine the shape of the buttocks, the surgeon will inject fat harvested from the aforementioned areas to help fill in any depressions or sagging of the gluteal region. 

The dangers of this procedure are present because it is SURGERY.  Liposuction injuries can involve local areas with asymmetries and irregularities all the way to perforation of underlying structures and systemic injuries can result from fat globules getting loose in the blood stream and causing lung problems as well as from volume overload and or toxicity from lidocaine that is used in the liposuction fluid.

All patients need a thorough evaluation of their history and a physical exam.  Next you need to sit down and hear all of the pros and cons of the procedure as well as expected outcome given your present physical state. 

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

How safe is the liposuction portion of brazilian buttock lift

+1

Liposuction in general is a very safe procedure if performed in the right hands. A board certified plastic surgeon performing the procedure in an accredited facility is the only way to have this procedure. Your surgeon should know how much lidocaine (local anesthetic) to be used for the liposuction portion. There is always a risk of infection, bleeding,  and contour irregularities with any liposuction procedure- however these are minimal. The most important risk to be aware of with this type of surgery is the formation of a blood clot (DVT) in the lower extremity, which is quite rare.

Also, when the fat is transferred to the buttock it could possibly become infected; however this is very rare.

I recommend consulting with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you are a candidate for this procedure.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Is the liposuction part of the Brazilian Butt Lift dangerous?

+1

Liposction, today, is considered a very safe and reliable procedure if  performed by an  experienced and Board certified plastic surgeon. There are unfortunate stories of tragedies, which although rare, catch the spotlight. These are usually cases where the procedure has been performed by doctors, or in some cases not even doctors, with no real training in plastic surgery, let alone being Board Certified. If you consult with a plastic surgeon who is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery and who is experienced in performing buttock augmentation using fat then I think you could  be comfortable in undergoing the procedure. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Liposuction and butt lift

+1

Any surgery can be frought with complications.  Liposuction is usually a very safe procedure and for a healthy patient and a conservative liposuction procedure it should be ok.