Indentation, Asymmetry, and Pain After Liposuction

I had Liposuction over three years ago on the abdomen and flanks. The surgery left me with an indentation on the right side of my hip, and the right side is flatter then my left. I have been in constant pain since the surgery, and it has left me emotionally, mentally and physically distressed. Could the removal of too much fat cause the pain I am in? or could it be something else? Do you have any idea what it could be? I would appreciate your opinion. Thank you.

Pain could be related to nerve irritation or injury

+2

Pain over the outer hips or flanks that has lasted this long may be related to nerves. Is there pain or unusual sensation? The depression and the asymmetry can be treated with further liposuction or fat grafting. If there is a specific area that is very sensitive to touch, it may be a nerve issue that could be addresses surgically (neoroma)

Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Meet with a surgeon to discuss your options for treatment fo pain secondary to liposuction

+2

I am sorry to hear that you are suffering from the procedure.

There are numerous potential reasons why you may be having discomfort and it would be extremely difficult to second guess why this happened.

I think it is important for you to find a reason for the pain and hopefully it is treatable.

If it is a highly localized pain, it could be necrosis or a neuroma. In either instance, excising the area could provide a long term solution.

Excessive removal of fat could make the area more sensitive to mild trauma and lipoinjection may provide some relief.

I am sure there are other potentially treatable solutions for your discomfort and I would seek a consulation with at least one board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.