Liposuction or neck lift? I'm 41 and healthy and active. Which would give my neck better results. (photo)

I uploaded pictures. Hope these help.

Liposuction versus neck lift

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. Laser liposuction will remove the fat beneath your chin however there seems to beadditional lax skin and fat lower on your neck. Based on your photographs a neck lift and submental lipectomy may be your best option. Please consult a's wart certified plastic surgeon with experienced in neck lifting for a formal opinion.

Lipo vs neck lift

+1

Dear Christi Rosa,

Based on the 3 photos you provided, it looks like liposuction of the neck and a chin augmentation would provide good results. I have had great results adding laser lipo to the neck region to obtain some skin tightening in addition to power assisted liposuction. The chin augmentation can be accomplished with an implant or a sliding genioplasty (the chin bone is cut, slid forward, and a few screws and a plate are used to fix it in place). The chin augmentation will also help with a bit of the extra skin in the neck by stretching it forward.

The fullness in your lower neck could be from a thyroid goiter, it is difficult to tell without an exam. Obtain a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss all of your options after a thorough history and physical examination. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Necklift, Liposuction , Dr. Adibfar, Plastic Surgeon Toronto

+1

Hello ;

You are quite young and seem to have thick enough skin that should respond well to a comprehensive submental liposuction. You also seem to have a relatively retruded chin which is contributing to your issue. Hence you would also benefit fom a small chin implant placed at the same time as the liposuction.

Best wishes

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

Neck lift versus simple neck liposuction

+1

A neck lift procedure is a much more complex procedure than neck liposuction. A neck lift in falls surgically removing fat above and below the platysma muscle, a platysma plasty, and in some cases skin removal. Simple liposuction involves blindly inserting a cannula sucking fat out of the neck. For many examples of neck lifting procedures please see our photo gallery link below

Neck lift vs liposuction

+1

you have two issues, submental fat and lower neck fullness. The former will probably respond to liposuction alone. Your are young , your skin will tighten. The latter is suspicious of thyroid enlargement. Have this checked out before doing anything else.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Necklift

+1
A necklift will give you a better result than lipo alone although lipo would improve your result. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or neck lift?

+1

Your lower neck looks very much like you probably have an enlarged thyroid. This may or may not create medical issues for you but you need to get to your doctor for an exam and appropriate treatment. Do not consider any cosmetic surgery until you have resolved this issue.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Liposuction or neck lift? I'm 41 and healthy and active. Which would give my neck better results.

+1

A neck lift will produce a much nicer change as it will address the fat, the muscle, and the skin to some extent.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Neck lift or liposuction

+1

Without the benefit of examing you to determine how much of the fullness is due to fat and how much is due to your underlying neck musculature and the postion of your hyoid bone, I cannot definitively tell you what procedure would be best. You also have a mild jowling which is most likely exacerbated by not having a "strong chin". At 41, your skin most likely has significant elasticity and liposuction will improve this area. It will not give the same results as a neck lift . An anatomical chin implant with liposuction may be sufficient.

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or neck lift in a 41-year-old.

+1

Liposuction alone may be all you need. However if the skin is sagging then you may need a necklift done with this to remove the skin. You may also benefit from a chin implant which is difficult to tell on these pictures.