Is It Safe to Have Lipo Two Days After a Neck Lift?

How safe is it to have lipo soon after a neck lift? If both of the surgeries are going to be under local anesthesia, does it make it safer? What additional advice do you have for me?

Combined aesthetic surgery procedures

+1

It doesn't make sense to do these surgeries 2 days apart unless you are going to 2 different docotors.  Even then, you should give them at least 2 weeks of healing between.  If you have chosen a great real plastic surgeon for the neck lift, he/she can certainly handle the liposuction so I don't understand why you would need 2 doctors if that is what you are up to here.

Liposuction and neck lift

+1

I would avoid having the two surgeries staged so close together.  Whay are they not being done in the same setting?

Do not do liposuction 2 days after neck lift

+1

Liposuction requires moving you around, which may harm the recently done neck lift.  Either do them together or one month apart.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Better to wait before Lipo two days after Neck Lift

+1

If you are planning the lipo after the neck lift I would suggest you wait for the neck procedure to heal before having the lipo. As Dr. Placik said it may be better to do both at the same time. The benefits of doing them both at the same time are: one healing period, one anesthesia session, saving on facility fee, anesthesia fee, and surgical fee. Just a suggestion.

Robert Vitolo, MD

Do (neck lipo and lift) both at the same time

+1

This makes no sense. Why would you not do both at the same time? Are you going to different surgeons. These two procedures tend to be complimentary. Have the lips done first followed by the neck lift immediately.