Will Liposuction on my Thighs or Knees Help Them Look Less Crooked? (photo)

I'm a 21 year old female, 5'5", and 135 lbs. My legs have always had a little bit of a "knock knee" look even after losing 30 pounds. Would liposuction on my thighs or knees make them look straighter?

If Your Knees Are Knocking, Kneel On Them

+2

The technical term for the condition you are describing is genu valgum. It is caused by an inward bending deformity of the proximal knee joint. It is commonly associated with flat arches, and is an anatomic deformity that involves the entire leg, not just the knee joint. If this were truly your concern, x-rays of your legs would be helpful in the diagnosis, but I suspect, from what you wrote that it is not.

Examination of your pictures suggests that in you the deformity is very mild, and it does not sound like you are suffering from any functional disability. While not specifically addressing the issue of "knock knees", after studying your photographs, I do believe that a more aggressive circumferential liposuction of your lower extremities, especially with a skin-tightening component, such as SmartLipo, would improve the contour of your legs overall, and perhaps allow you to enjoy their appearance without focusing on your knees so much

Will Liposuction on my Thighs or Knees Help Them Look Less Crooked?

+1

Liposuction can help with the local contours, but this will not alter the crooked nature, which is not caused by fatty deposition.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction of the thighs, knees and calves can sure sculpt the area nicely.

+1

Your thighs, knees and calves are not sculpted well at all. Liposuction can sure make them appear better by shaping the areas under local and giving the appearance of shapely, nicer looking legs. Rough cost is about $5-6,000 on special and so worth it.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Lipo Will not Help Knock Knees

+1

Unfortunately, Laser Liposuction will not help the condition bothering you. If your knees had a large fat deposit, then possibly it would help.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD