Liposuction to my Flanks and Lower Back ? (photo)

I would like to have liposuction to my flanks and lower back. I know I am heavy girl(215lb) but I wanted to know if there are any huge risk for my large size. Would lipo be suggested for me, I've always had love handles even when I was small. I am looking to get a tummy tuck and BR evenaully over the next few months but not right now, I would like to lose 50 lbs. I am only focus on my sides and lower back. I was courious about the cost for me and would my size play a big part in price.

Liposuction of back and flanks

+3

I would suggest dropping the weight first and then considering the skin excision before having liposuction. 

Flanks/hips and lower back do great with liposuction.

+3

You would do great with the liposuction of your flanks and lower back areas but should do them under local anesthesia for a cost of roughly $5,000 on special. Doing the lipo now would only encourage you to lose more weight afterwards since you will see a big difference and it would be safe for you to do under local with only 2 days off of work.  Good luck,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of back first then a tummy tuck?

+2

Thank you for the photos. I agree with you plan to loose the weight first. You will still need liposuction of the back, bra rolls, muffin top to shape these areas for you. After the weight loss you might need a breast lift instead of a reduction to keep you proportionate. I personally do these procedures together, also called a mommy makeover. I believe you get a better result when you can liposuction and blend these areas at the time of the tummy tuck. Obviously, this is a big operation and you need to be a healthy non-smoker. To decide about your best option, you need to schedule an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction now?

+2
I recommend that you first lose the weight and then see if you even need liposuction to these areas. I agree that you need a tummy tuck; it would remain to be seen, after a 50 lb weight loss, if you would be a candidate for breast reduction v. a lift. In terms of costs, the length of the procedure, which correlates to the amount being suctioned, establishes a basis for price and, when the back is involved, there is an additional anesthesia charge for a patient in the prone position. I truly encourage you to try to lose the weight and then spend you money wisely on a surgery that will be appropriate for you in the long run.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Liposuction of flanks and lower back

+1

Liposuction is ideally best suited to individuals who are of a normal weight category and BMI.

Complications are more likely with overweight individuals and weight control is needed to ensure lasting results.  Why take any unnecessary risks if you are motivated to lose some weight?

After the weight loss you would likely benefit from contouring in the back and inproving your hip to buttocks' proportions. You may even safely combine the tummy tuck with the lispocution at that time for lasting and predictable results.

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Flank/lower back lipo

+1

Generally it's recommended you get to goal weight prior to having liposuction. You do have focal fat there in your flank/lower back which may be addressed with liposuction if you are otherwise healthy. If you are interested, you should schedule an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon to get his/her input.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Liposuction to my Flanks and Lower Back ?

+1

Liposuction will definitely be beneficial in your lower back and flank area but you need to get to your goal weight first to maximize your benefit.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1

Yes you can have lipo on the back and flanks but I would recommend doing the larger operations first. This will allow you to heal and see if you need lipo. But it is a decision between you and your chosen surgeon. 

Liposuction for patients not in their target area

+1

Liposuction on larger patients do tend to have more complications.  Moreover, patients tend to be happier with their results if they are within 20 pounds of their target weight.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

You might be better off waiting until after you lose weight

+1

We know that larger patients tend to have more complications when it comes to certain procedures.  If you plan on losing weight in the near future, you might want to hold off on getting liposuction for now.  The ideal liposuction patient is at or near their ideal weight, and has stubborn fat deposits that cannot be improved with diet and exercise.  If you lose the weight and are still unhappy with your flanks and back, liposuction might then be an excellent choice.  You will likely want to discuss these particular concerns with a local board certified plastic surgeon.

Kelly Gallego, MD, FACS
Yuba City Plastic Surgeon