Is It Possible to Get Liposuction on my Calves? (Photos)

I have a BMI of 19.5 so I am fairly slim everywhere except my calves. I believe it is genetic. I do have a small body frame. Pear shaped. I am 19 years old. My question is, from the photos I have uploaded, are my calves more fat than muscle? Can I get liposuction? What are some alternative calf slimming procedures? What are the risks?

Calves and ankles for liposuction

+2

Based on your photos, I do not think that you need to have liposuction performed for such a minor condition.

Liposuction of Calves

+2

Thank you for the pictures.  You do not need any type of contouring of your calves.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Calve liposuction?

+2

Liposuction can be performed for calves, but in my opinion based solely on your posted photos, it does not look like you need it.

Possible to get liposuction on the calves?

+2

Thank you for your photos and for your questions. 

While it would be possible to perform liposuction on your calves I would definitely NOT recommend  doing any liposuction.  It does not appear from your photos that you have fat calves.  If you examine closely the photo of you standing on the floor with  the one with you standing on your toes you will see that there is very little difference.  Furthermore,  you can see the outline of your calve muscles which means there is very little fat.   Any attempt to perform liposuction may result in lumpiness or depressions.    

Donald M. Brown, MD

Liposuction of ankles

+2

Liposuction of the ankles is possible, but in your case it doesn't appear to be a good idea. You do not seem to have much fat in your calf area, and suctioning may cause lumpiness.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction on my Calves?

+1

It's hard to say for sure from photos alone but it looks like you have a little fat that could be removed.  That's not to say it NEEDS to be removed, but if you're interested in contouring, particularly the lower portions of your calves, it may be possible.  You would, of course, need to be seen in person to assess this.  Compared with other areas, the recovery from lipo of the calves is relatively prolonged because it is so dependent (low) and the swelling has to abate by going up AGAINST gravity.  Furthermore, there is very little fat in each spot, and so the lipo must be done carefully, and with small cannulas.  And even then, the risks of irregularities remains a concern.  That being said, it can be a very gratifying area for contouring.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Calf liposuction

+1

Liposuction can be done in the areas you are concerned about.  However, it is impossible to tell from your photographs if this is appropriate for you.

If liposuction is not appropriate, there are procedures that can reduce the amount of muscle in the calf, by removing a portion of the gastrocnemius muscle.  This is the most accepted method of slimming the calf.  Other methods exist, such as botox injection and nerve transection.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Calves and ankles do good with liposuction but you need an expert to do it.

+1

Most docs who dabble in liposuction are not experts in liposuction and can not do calves, ankles, arms etc...  You could get a little fat removed from the calves, ankles and even knees to sculpt and reduce their sizes but you need the micro canulas under local anesthesia to get it done right. I love doing these areas since it requires an artistic eye and great skills. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Calf liposuction

+1

Yes, calf and ankle liposuction can be successfully done.  You do not appear to have much of a lipo-disproportion but at this point see a ABPS plastic surgeon and discuss the concern.    One needs to see your entire body to see the disproportion and if it is a problem calves are easy to do.   Calves must not be over done on females however.  Overdone calves in a woman result in a muscle definition that gives the calves a male Olympic athlete look.   This is not good for any woman and looks bizarre.  But calves are great sites in the right person.  Find a ABPS surgeon that does a lot of calves and have a nice hour long discussion.  My Best,   Dr C.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

+1

Liposuction on the "crankles" is a very experienced related operation. Plus you are a poor candidate in the fact you have very little fat to be removed. I might consider Smart lipo or Cellulaze of these areas to "melt" the fat NO suction.