Liposuction to my Buttocks over a Year Ago. Have Since Had Pain in my Sacral/coccyx Area?

I am also a CRNP in aesthetic medicine. My boss did a "mommy makeover" on me in Sept 2010. I feel as if I have lipoatrophy in that area at this point. It's almost as if I am always about to develop a decubitus. I travel for consulting regularly, and flying, sitting for more than 10 min in one spot is very uncomfortable. Please advise. Thank you kindly.

+1

If there is a general absence of tissue at that point and the pain is the result of bone on skin contact, there may be a role for fat grafting to this area.  The most important aspect of this will be avoiding pressure over that area in that postoperative period while the fat revascularizes.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of liposuction procedures each year.  Look at the surgeon's website before and after photos to determine who will get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA