Liposuction on Mons Pubis?

I had liposuction on my mons pubis 2 months ago and am worried I will not see or like the results. At my last check up, my surgeon said that it was harder than normal due to fluid build up and for me to massage it daily.I have been along with wearing compression at night with no improvement. Could this be permanent?

Liposuction on Mons Pubis?

+2

Best advice is patience. 

In many body areas it takes at least a month just to get back to before surgery size due to swelling. In the mons that usually takes longer. 

Continue to follow surgeon's post op recommendations, and  expect continued improvement over about 6 months.

All the best. 

Liposuction in the pubic area

+2

Liposuction in the pubic  carea takes one year to mature.   At 2 months you are still in a very early state.   This takes time and the dependant nature of the pubis make recovery even longer .  At 6 months you will be happier and at 12 very happy.  Happiness is high with pubic liposuction.  be patient.   My Best,   Dr C

Web reference: http://www.pacfps.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the mons

+1

Your concerns will likely improve with time- fluid build up in this are is not infrequent and should abate with healing- follow your surgeon's recommendations and realize that healing in this area can take many months!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction on Mons Pubis?

+1

This is an important question.  In my experience, the results from liposuction for MOST of the body are as follows:  85% at 4-6 weeks, 95% at three months, 100% at six months (and sometimes even longer).  With the mons pubis, though, those times are extended.  Part of that is because the region is so vascular (ie, it has a significant blood supply...obviously) and part of that is because it is dependent (in the lower portion of its area) and so the normal swelling has to drain UP; ie. against gravity.  It is for that reason that I often use a drain for the first week or so, to diminish the back up of blood and other fluid.  Even with that, recovery is prolonged with lipo of this region.

But the results can be dramatic and very gratifying.  So I would advice patience as you wait out the recovery process and period, and be sure to go over all this with your plastic surgeon.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. .E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Mons Pubis Liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question about the liposuction of the mons pubis.

• Liposuction here causes a lot of bruising and swelling,
  • Mons pubis swelling takes a long time to go away - why?
  • The swelling doesn't drain downward like most areas - it has to drain upward.
  • Massage will help. Light compression panties will too.
  • It will get better over the next 10 months but the waiting is hard.
  • Hope this helps!

Lipo of Mon's Pubis

+1

It can take a full year for swelling to resolve in that area.  However, if after a year you are still not happy you may need to consider excisional debulking.  Discuss this with your surgeon at your next visit.

Reading Plastic Surgeon

Liosuction

+1

If you had liposuction, then tissue was removed, not added, so if the area is bigger now than before, it must be swelling which is temporary. No area gets bigger after liposuction.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Mons Pubis at 2 Months

+1

The swelling and induration following liposuction of the mons may persist for several months.  Do no despair.  This almost always results in a nice improvement as long as fluid collections are managed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Liposuction of Mons Pubis

+1

Lipo of the pubic area can be very effective. I often combine this with liposuction of the abdomen and tummy tuck procedures. the area is prone to swelling and it can take much longer than other areas to improve. Massage and compression garments are the common treatments that work for improving swelling in the area after liposuction. Be sure to follow up with your surgeon to make sure you are healing well.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon