Liposuction of Mons Pubis?

I've been embarrassed about the size of my pubic mound for as long as I can remember. I've never been overweight and most people consider me skinny! I'm 5'5 and 115 pounds. Yet I have this embarrassing problem that makes me not want to show off my figure. When i wear my swimsuit it sticks out so much. Or any tight pants or underwear. This is actually the first time I've ever even talked about it with anyone because I'm so self conscious. Would I be a candidate for lipo or smartlipo?

Liposuction of the mons pubis makes a big difference for many women.

+2

Liposuction of the mons pubis is easy and can be done under local anesthesia with dramatic results.  There is no scarring, nor any down time and cost is about $2500-3000.  sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of mons pubis

+1

Liposuction of the mons pubis is a relatively straight forward procedure but skin laxity is a potential risk and occasionally a pubic suspension may be required.

Liposuction of the Pubic Area

+1

You are an ideal candidate for liposuction or laser assisted liposuction. The procedure works best for patients who are other healthy with a problem area that requires contouring. Liposuction would work nicely on the pubic mound.

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Liposuction of Pubic Area

+1

Liposuction of the mons or suprapubic area is an excellent solution for excess fatty deposition in that area. As long as the skin has good elasticity as determined during your physical exam with your plastic surgeon, your result will likely be excellent. 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Suprapubic mound liposuction is very successful

+1

Reduction of the mons pubic area can be easily and very successfully done with liposuction. It is a small area that responds well to fat extraction. Whether it is done by conventional liposuction or Smartlipo is not that important as the results will be the same. As a small area it can even be done under local anesthesia as an isolated liposuction procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction of the mons pubis

+1

Liposuction of the mosn pubis is quite common provided that this is the cause of your prominenece.  A thorough exam is important  to establish the etiology of the prominence.

Liposuction of the suprapubis

+1

Provided that there is not a bony prominence that had developed when you were younger to cause this pouch of the suprapubic area, the subcutaneous enlargement is quite commonly very responsive to liposuction. Be aware that postoperatively you will no doubtedly experience a lot of swelling that, via gravity, will move down around the vaginal labial lips and bruising is expected down there as well, but this may only occur a few days after the surgery, so don't be concerned when you see this.  It usually takes a couple of weeks to three weeks to resolve. See a board certified dermatologic or plastic surgeon in consultation to determine if you are a suitable candidate and to learn of the risks of the procedure. Best wishes.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Mons pubis and pubic liposuction

+1

Mons pubis reduction and mons pubis liposuction are great procedures for this common problem area.  Liposuction is ideal in most cases.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Mons liposuction

+1

By your description it sounds like your best solution is liposuction.  This structure is commonly reduced with liposuction.  Do not be confused with different types of liposction machines and techniques.  Choose a plastic surgeon that commonly does tummy tucks and liposuction and you will get a nice improvement.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Pubic liposuction more common than you think

+1

The mound of fat over the pubis increases with the pubertal growth spurt and can be excessive and embarrassing for women. We get requests frequently for fat reduction in this area, often as the only goal of the procedure. The most effective type of liposuction for the fat over the pubis is ultrasound. There is little room in the area to move the suction instrument and ultrasound will effectively break up the fat deposit and reduce the prominence. We work through the belly button down to keep the scar invisible.

peterejohnsonmd