Not a Good Liposuction Candidate?

Doing research for Tummy Tuck. One surgeon said, Full-TT, lipo on stomach and flanks. One surgeon said Mini or Full and that flank Liposuction would make me look WORSE saying the skin would hang even more. The first DR said it would look great and also promised me a much lower TT scar than the first. (stomach scar from forunculosis) Please help.

Liposuction works with tummy tuck.

+1

Hi.

Just going by the one picture, I would think full abdominoplasty with liposuction of flanks should help you.

Liposuction may make your bumps and irregularities more noticeable

+1

Liposuction may reduce your bulk but it would likely leave you with multiple irregularities. If you concern is to have a smooth and flat stomach, it is my impression you would get a better result with a Full TT but clearly this involves more risk and cost.

Male tummy tuck vs. Liposuction

+1

Dear Truk,

From your picture, it looks like you have both skin excess (with more on your right than left) and some scars below the belly button. I would not advise liposuction, as the scars would remain the same and you would have an accentuation of the skin excess as it is "deflated". In doing a tummy tuck, you would want the side extent of the scar to go to the end of the "stomach roll" that you see on the right to get rid of all excess skin. As far as scar location goes, I'd predict you could do it with a scar at your shown underwear line centrally, and one inch higher than the underwear laterally (on the sides).

One word of caution: If the forunculosis is not active, then your risks are the same as everyone else getting a tummy tuck. If you have active forunculosis, you would be at high risk for getting a surgical infection, and I'd advise you to put off the tummy tuck until the forunculosis is totally under control.

You do not need upper abdominal lipo at the time of a tummy tuck - I consider this risky, and also unnecessary, as the stomach skin actually thins as you do the tummy tuck. I have a video clip that shows this nicely, and would suggest you look it over.

Also, be conservative on addressing your flanks. A tummy tuck alone will improve the contour in this region, and if you add lipo in a male patient, you run the risk of feminizing your torso.

I hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.drmichaelbogdan.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm