Swelling After Liposuction with Mini Tummy Tuck

I am 35 years, 2 pregnancy left me with stretch marks and loose skin. I had my abdomin. liposuction + mini tummy tuck surgery before 10 days. Now, i have tough swollen belly; i look like pregnant, people ask me if i'm pregnant! is this swelling normal? if yes, how many days it will last more? thank you

Normal Enough

+1

The swelling after such a short time is perfectly normal, not ideal but normal. Just be sure to consult your doctors should you have concerns and then it usually softens overtime

Swelling after mini tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

In our Miami practice, we commonly performed liposuction with every single mini tummy tuck. We strongly feel that this is a technique that can help us achieve the contour that we want through small incisions such as a mini tummy tuck. Patients who undergo this procedure should understand that there is a significant recovery process that consists of swelling, bruising, and some discomfort. We inform the patients that this may last from several weeks to several months after their surgery. Patients receive a compression garment that we specifically designed for our tummy tuck patients and have tailored here in Miami. This garment provides even compression throughout the areas that have been treated and patients appreciate the support and comfort that it provides. Be sure that you inform your plastic surgeon of your concerns as they will definitely want to know about them and will want to examine you to ensure that your healing appropriately.

Pat Pazmino, MD

10 days psot mini-tummy tuck

+1

At ten days post-operative, it is fairly normal to have swelling of the abdomen and firmness. This usually softens up over time.

Swelling is typically normal and common 10 days after tummy tuck

+1

The swelling is normal 10 days after a tummy tuck but you may have overall fullness due to the need for a full tummy tuck with muscle repair.

Abnormal Swelling after Mini-Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

First, I would question your decision to have a Mini-Tummy Tuck in a woman with two pregnancies and stretch marks as this would suggest your abdomen expanded rapidly enough to split your skin and probably your tummy 6 pack muscles resulting in a pooch that cannot be fully repaired with a Mini-Tummy Tuck.

You should NOT have pregnancy-like swelling after surgery. It may mean your having a fluid or blood collection which needs to be evaluated and treated by your surgeon.