Liposuction Lumps 3 Years Post-op

I had liposuction on my stomach three years ago, and it has never been even. What bothers me even more are the areas left with hard bumps all under the skin. I'm 21 years old and psychologically devastated because of this. Is there any procedure that can be done to fix this? My stomach was really the only place that ever held fat and there is no where else on my body that I can imagine taking a fat graft from. I just dont know what to do.

Microsculpt liposuction to remove liposuction lumps

+3

Lumps can occur after liposuction.  Fortunately, there are options.  I would advise a technique that I use known as micro-sculpt liposuction, in which a tiny cannula is used to balance out the remaining contour. 

You probably need a liposuction revision

+2

Sometimes after liposuction there are areas that did not get suctioned adequately. This can usually be taken care of by doing more liposuction in the high areas.

Usually, if you go back to your original surgeon, there will be a price break on the cost of the procedure, depending upon that particular offices' policies.

Check with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to see what would be best for your paricular situation.

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after liposuction

+1

Liposuction is a safe, popular, and effective way to contour the body. Patients should be aware of the recovery process after liposuction. Immediately after the surgery, they will experience a moderate amount of pain, swelling, and bruising.

In your case, it is possible that those lumps may be due to excess swelling or scar tissue as your body's reaction to the previous surgery. Your best bet is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience in liposuction, tummy tucks, and abdominal contouring. They will be able to examine you and determine which combination of treatments will help you meet your goals.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Lumps after liposuction are rare complication.

+1

Hi.

I am afraid you do not have a good result after liposuction.  There is a lot of uneven areas and irregularities.   A skillfull revision will help you.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Don't fret --- see a qualified physician

+1

If you are worried about something, seek professional help. Ask a board certified plastic surgeon who does this all the time about your problem. It might be a simple fix. You might just need a minor revision.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Liposuction bumps

+1

It is very unusual to have lumps or bumps three years after liposuction.  While this may happen initially as the tissues heal, it usually improves after a few months.