4 Years Post-Lipo on Thighs- Still experience Swelling When I Run, Why?

I had inner and outer thigh lipo and was so pleased I went back for smartlipo on the back & front of my thighs. I am a runner, and I've noticed that my thighs swell tremendously every time I run, even 4 years later. This never happened to me before lipo. I'm convinced there is a connection. I've read that scar tissue swells very easily. Could this be a result of the scar tissue in my thighs. It's so extreme, I am considering stopping running. It's very upsetting. Thank you for any insight!!

Swelling after Liposuction?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I have not had a patient with this type of experience 4 years after liposuction surgery;  this does not mean however that it cannot occur. If the swelling is occurring exactly where the liposuctioning was done then I think you are probably right in that there is a connection ( probably related to scar tissue and fluid retention).

On the other hand, if  the swelling is more diffuse ( systemic) then  it is probably not related; an evaluation and work up by your internist may be helpful.

You may also want to consider follow-up with your plastic surgeon for direct examination of the involved areas.