Normal To Be Getting Liposuction Under Local Anesthesia with Fat Transfer?

I am having lipo under local anesth in 11 days with fat transfer to the butt.miami. Im skinny, but no waist, fat is only on the waist. I am 5'4 and 122 lbs. I am geeting lipo in the front abdomen and back.He is not a plastic surgeon. He is a doctor in internal medicine, member of the board of antiaging, member f the academy of cosmetic surgery, with over 4000 zones done in lipo. Lots of experience in slimlipo, but he told me for fat transfer he will.do tumescent lipo to get the fatthen slimlipo.

+2

Hi, Thank you for your question.  I am a board certified Plastic Surgeon and I do about 98% of my lipo cases under local.  this includes our fat transfer to buttocks or breasts.  However, we use the Body Jet in our practice instead of tumescent lipo.  We get less bleeding and the fat is removed gentler than with traditional lipo.  In addition, the Body Jet has a Lipo Collector that separates the fat from the fluid as we do the lipo and we are ready to transfer the fat back as soon as we are done with the lipo.