Liposuction V. Lipodissolve?? Picture Attached

Hello, I am a male model and I have recently been seeking a way to get rid of some fat/loose skin under my chin, in order to achieve a more chiseled jawline. Some liposuction centers have told me I am a candidate for liposuction, while others have told me I am not. Some doctors have suggested lipodissolve, but I am worried about having problems with loose skin (i.e. the fat goes away, but the loose skin is still there). Can anyone recommend a course of action to me?

Tight chiseled jawline male model liposuction or lipodissolve

+1

Even with your neck bent down, there does not appear to be redundant fat.  You appear to be very young and have healthy skin with good dermis.  Some people have thicker skin than others and with your dense beard growth, liposuction could cause complications with indentations and even nerve injury if a physician is trying to give you the result you seek. Thermage may not give you a chiseled jawline, but might make you see some slight tighter contour of the jaw, but you may not see any result.  It is the safest technique to decrease the chance of you having a complication that would interfere with your modeling career.

Liposuction of the jawline and under the chin does great for many patients.

+1

The tumescent liposuction with micro canulas can give the best results for giving a well-defined jawline and cleaning up under the chin.  It is done under local anesthesia for around $2500-3500. You can drive yourself home and be back to work after 1-2 days.  Lipodissolve is no longer done by most docs and is very risky.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

None the above

+1
Your picture while you bending tour neck does not show any excess fat.You are not a good candidate for either because you do not need any thing and you will not be happy. If there is a poor indication for a procedure, complication and unhappy patient is guarantied. Lipodisolve is not a good treatment and FDA recently had a position on it and you can google it.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or lipodissolve

+1

The key to your question is that some surgeons have told you your concerns probably will not respond to liposuction. This is quite laudable in the current cosmetic surgery 'marketplace' in where if you keep looking, some one will do something whether it will work or not. Lipodissolve falls within a very controversial area of off label medications, or using medication is a manner not approved by the FDA. Injection lipolysis, often called mesotherapy, will use medications which work in a way such that the fat dies and is absorbed into your system. Again the technique is controversial and we think best avoided.

peterejohnsonmd

Liposuction v. Lipodisolve

+1

Dear alex1234 in Los Angeles, CA:

I don't now if liposuction is going to give you the results you desire, even with the picture, but liposuction is a much more predictable method of fat contouring compared to lipodisolve.

The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery has issued the advisory linked below.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon