When Can I See Mons Pubis Lipo and Lift Results?

About 2 months ago, I had liposuction and lift of the mons pubis area. I am very unhappy with my results. I still have a large amount of fat, and it's still visible from side and front view. It has made me even more self-conscious because I felt this would be a life changing experience.

My plastic surgeon has told me it could take a year to see the results. Yet on his website, on a before and after photo of the same procedure after 3 months, the patient looked great and you could no longer see it "puffing" from the front or side view. How often is it that it could take a year for the final results? I tried to contact him, and he never returned my call, and my next appointment with him isn't for another month.

I am feeling very down about this and don't know what went wrong. I did a lot of research on this surgeon and felt he was perfect, I even drove 3 states away to go to him, and I feel like it was a waste of time. Should I wait a full year or just see someone else to have liposuction done? This is something I can no longer live with, I just want to feel normal and wear whatever clothes I'd like to.

Hold off on any procedures for right now

+2

No surgeon should go in and do any further work now. It’s too early. Further contraction can be seen for up to six months to a year after liposuction. A reasonable time to evaluate your progress and discuss your unhappiness is at the three month visit. Try to be patient. Your physician should be able to make you feel better informed about your status next month

Results from Pubis Lift Takes Time

+1
Your surgeon is correct that it takes several months to see your final result. The time table for recovery is different for everyone. Edema (water in tissues) tends to run down hill so this may resolve with time.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Liposuction results in mons pubis varies

+1

Liposuction in the region of the Mons Pubis can result in quite a bit of swelling. Many plastic surgeons do not do this much except maybe after a tummy tuck as the skin can lay over the area afterward and blunt the improvement. I would wait a least a year and then re-evaluate before deciding upon additional work.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon