Can I Get Liposuction on my Legs?

I would like to get outer lipo on my legs but am wondering if inner is a better option for me? I am also thinking about getting lipo in the back of my legs below my buttocks due to the fact that I have two bumps under it. My question is, if I were to go along with the lipo in these two sections would I have more of a crease under my buttocks line or would it give me less of a crease. Also, would my cellulite be more visible after lipo?

Liposuction of leg

+3

Excessive liposuction beneath the buttock in the central 1/3 of the thigh may cause a loss of support to the buttock mass and produce a sagging buttock. Be cautious in asking for liposuction in this area. It would very likely lengthen your crease.

Liposuction of the legs, inner or outer thigh

+2

Hello - based on your pictures, it looks as though liposuction all the way around the leg - inner & outer thigh + posterior and anterior thigh - which is what is known as "circumferential" liposuction could work quite nicely for you, and give a better overall look than individual spot reduction. Perhaps a little bit towards the inside of the knees, too.

The area immediately below the buttock crease - the infamous "banana roll" - is one that requires some caution and finesse.  Over-suction of that area can create collapse & wrinkling.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Liposuction on the thighs

+2

Liposuction of the posterior and outer thighs may give you impressive results.  Unfortunately there is not a crysal ball and some people may develop more and others, less cellulite as a result of liposuction.  Liposuction of the inner things may cause rippling and liposuction of the posterior thighs under the buttocks can cause a drop or sagging of the buttock so liposuction there must be conservative.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction of the legs makes a big difference.

+2

Liposuction of the outer, back, inner and front thighs as well as the knees would make a big difference for you for about $6000 under local and would probably improve the cellulite especially if you have the micro canulas used.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction in the thigh, all the way around

+2

The fat deposits in the thigh can be localized over the inner thigh and saddlebag, and for some the thigh can be full and round without definition and taper. Your contour would best be improved with circumferential liposuction of the thigh to knee to slim and taper your leg. If young, with good skin elasticity, denting or cellulite should not be a problem. You will notice that the fold under the buttock may become more pronounced as the thigh is slimmed down.

peterejohnsonmd

Liposuction of the legs, inner, outer legs, thighs, knees, ankles, and calves

+1

Liposuction is very commonly performed on legs. The most common areas are the inner, outer thighs and knees and sometimes the calves and ankles. If your skin elasticity is good, you can get an excellent result. If your skin is loose, it might require a thigh lift.

George Weston, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the thighs

+1

Liposuction works well for this area. With your anatomy, you need circumferential liposuction with some extension across the knees. Cellulite may or may not be changed. The glutial crease should be made more prominent unless something is done to modify it.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the legs

+1

You certainly look like a pretty good candidate for liposuction of the legs.  This can be done circumferentially.  Cellulite may get better, worse, or remain the same after liposuction.

Liposuction of the legs works well.

+1

Hi.

1) Just going by you pictures, I think you are a good candidate for circumferential (all around) liposuction of the thighs and knees.

2) The crease under the buttocks should be a little more pronounced.

3) Doing superficial micro tunneling together with liposuction often improves Cellulite. At any rate, it should not be worse.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Thigh liposuction

+1

Based on your pictures, both inner and outer thigh liposuction would be reasonable. The liposuction in the back of the upper thigh is also reasonable but the formation of a crease is less predictable. If the treatment area is extended above the outer part of the back of the thigh, into the lower buttock, then a crease is less likely.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon