Does Liposuction on Legs Produce Quality, Lasting Results?

I had liposuction on my legs, inner & outer thighs, knees, calves, ankles 3 weeks ago. I have read extremely scary comments about the maintenence of the weight and the shape of the legs after liposuction of legs. I have NOT read any successful stories in which the patient is happy with their new legs a few years after the operation. Is there any chance that I will be happy with my legs a few years down the road? I am absolutely scared because the majority of people are not happy with their legs years after surgery. Will I be condemned to have gelatinous deformed and lumpy legs?

Liposuction of legs and ankles

+2

Despite most patients being happy with liposuction, more people tend to write comments on the internet when they are not happy than those who are pleased and you may be seeing an innacurate  sample of the patient feelings about liposuction for this reason.

Liposuction of the legs gives good lasting results.

+2

Hi.

I don't know what comments you have been reading.  There are always disgruntled patients who sensationalize things.  And there is the occasional bad result due to bad technique or bad patient selection.  But I can tell you that liposuction of the legs -- well done and on the right patient --  is one of the most successful procedures in cosmetic surgery.  So relax!  You will probably have a good result.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Liposuction and expectation mismatches

+2

There is probably no cosmetic surgery more prone to expectation mismatches than liposuction.  Whether you will be happy later depends entirely on your personality, the nature of your tissue and its elasticity, maintenance of a stable weight, your genetics, and the ability of the surgeon you chose.  If you weren't a good candidate before you had all this done, it would have been good for the doctor to have set your expectations at a reasonable level.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Bad results after liposuction.

+2

I have been doing liposuction for 35 years and I don't do patients who would have the problems you describe. If you chose an experienced liposuction surgeon you should have an excellent result.

Liposuction of Legs

+1

Liposuction of the lower extremities should be done only on the relatively small percentage of patients who are good candidates for the procedure. Otherwise poor results are to be expected.

If you are describing your legs as “gelatinous deformed and lumpy legs” I can tell you (even without examination)  you will not be a good candidate for liposuction.

It is of critical importance that you obtain advice from a well experienced and ethical board-certified plastic surgeon. I hope this helps.

Liposuction on legs produce quality, lasting results

+1

Sounds like you are having post surgery remorse (like buyers remorse). This post shows why great pre operative informed consent is SOOOOOOO important! It seems you did not have a good or complete understanding of the possible results or outcome of the lipo surgery. Please discuss with your surgeon.

From MIAMI DR. B