Previous Liposuction Interfere with Brazilian Butt Lift?

I had liposuction 10 yrs ago that left me with slight contour irregularites on my stomach and what looks like tissue scaring on one side (which you can only see if my skin is stretched).

I really want a brazilian butt lift now and was wondering if liposuction can be preformed on the same areas for the fat transfer...or will it cause more scarring? Also, what are the chances of contour irregulaities and can they be smoothed out? I want a shapely butt, but not if I will get more scarring. Thanks.

Brazilian Butt Lift and Liposuction

+2

Harvesting fat from previous liposuctioned areas can be performed but it may be difficult to obtain the amount of fat that you want to perform the Brazilian Butt Lift.

Brazilian Butt Lift and PREVIOUS Liposuction

+2

EVERY operation leaves a scar. Liposuction is NOT an exception. Liposuction heals with scarring in each of the tunnels used to remove the fat. (If such tunnels are wide or close to the skin surface the scarring may result in skin iregularities).

As a result, SUBSEQUENT liposuction
1. is somewhat harder to perform because the cannulas have to traverse areas of scar tissue. This makes subsequent fat removal regardless of what is done with the fat (grafting to the buttocks (IE Brazilian Butt Lift), grafting elsewhere OR disposal) harder to do.
2. will result in MORE scarring.

As regards your abdomen, it is impossible to give you a cogent advice without at least a photograph.

I would advise you see a Plastic surgeon or two (www.Plastic Surgery.org) and see what each suggests.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

Previous liposuction and Brazilian Butt lift

+2

The brief answer to your question is yes. The prior surgery will likely interfere with obtaining satisfactory fat. Furthermore there is no guarantee that the previous irregualrities can be improved or not made worse.

Previous liposuction must be managed appropriately in order to achieve best results from Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery

+2

Hi there-

In order to answer your question accurately, an examination would be required, however in general, it is true that previous liposuction will have generated some scar tissue in the fatty tissue layer, and may also have diminished the amount of fat available to a level too low for success...

But again, an exam would be necessary to know for sure.

I would recommend you find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and visit for a consultation.

For help finding a surgeon you like and can trust, please read this:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Brazillian butt lift after previous liposuctioning

+2

In general, amy time you oberate on the same spot a second time, you will get more scarring. In the case of liposuctioning, especially for fat harvesting, you do run a significant risk of making the contour deformities worse. It sounds like you may actually need skin excision to tighten the skin. Ask your surgeon about ALL the option that are available to try to achieve the look you want.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Previous liposuction and brazilian butt lifts

+2

Thanks for your question.

Previous liposuction can have two implications for future liposuction and fat transfer to your buttocks.

First:
Liposuction will cause some degree of scar in the treated areas. This can make harvesting fat more difficult.

Second:
If you have had liposuction in the area of the planned fat transfer (the buttock in this case) it may be more difficult to get a smooth contour.

In our San Francisco office, we carefully plan the best places to harvest fat and the suitability of the area to transfer the fat. Be sure your plastic surgeon spends the time to discuss these issues with you.

I hope this helps!

Steven H. Williams, MD

You may get more scarring from Brazilian Butt Lift after previous Lipo

+2

The best area for the harvesting the fat for the brazilian butt lift is from the waist and lower part of the butt tuck. Please send some picture from the abdominal scar from liposuction.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Lift After Prior Lipo

+2

The fat in the previously sculpted areas will be harder to remove, and there will be less of it. Perhaps not enough to make a good augmentation, but your doctor will decide that.

Hopefully, there are other areas to remove fat from.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Brazilian Buttlift after Previous Liposuction

+1

Brazilian buttlift can be performed after previous liposuction if there is enough fat to transfer.  A physical exam would be necessary to determine if an additional liposuction could be performed safely.  In addition, the exam could determine if the liposuction irregularities could be improved.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA