I am a young male, lost weight. What Would Suggest For Me? Liposuction in Love Handles and Pecs? Tummy Tuck for Stomach? (photo)

I am a young male, lost about 60 - 65 pounds a few years back and this is what i've been left with. I've tried diet and exercise but cannot get rid of these problematic areas.

Liposuction for the love handles and pecs?

+2

Congratulations on such a significant weight loss.  I can certainly understand your frustration with your "problematic areas."  You appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction since you are young and have localized fat deposits.  I always tell my patients that the final result of any liposuction procedure is a 50:50 endeavor meaning that 50%of the final result is my removal of the fat and 50% of the result is how effectively the skin shrinks.  Since you are young I would anticipate that your skin would be fine. If the skin did not shrink then consideration would have to be given to removal  utilizing further surgical procedures such as a tummy tuck.  The "pec" region needs to be examined by a plastic surgeon to determine whether the fullness present is fat or breast tissue. This is important as hard breast tissue is not effectively removed with just liposuction and needs to be excised surgically. All in all I believe that you are a very good candidate and would have an excellent result.   Please be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  

CoolSculpting is a great way to nonsurgically reduce the pecs and lovehandles

+1

Typically patients lose 20-25% of fat per treatment with CoolSculpting, and there are no scars or downtime.  You could also have tumescent liposuction done, but a tummy tuck would be excessive for what your needs are.  Consider the nonsurgical treatment if you are an active person.  Best to you,

Carolyn Jacob, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of the abdomen, love handles and chest would give very nice results.

+1

I think you would do great with just liposuction of the abdomen, love handles and chest and it all could be done under local tumescent technique liposuction without the risks of general anesthesia.  Cost would be about $6-7000 and so worth it!  You can be back to work in 2 days and exercising in 1 week.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Abdominal liposuction after weight loss

+1
That is an impressive weight loss. Congratulations. You may very well be a candidate for liposuction of the abdomen and love handles. A consultation to assess skin laxity would be necessary to make a definitive recommendation. As for the breast tissue, surgery could be performed. However, I prefer to focus first on the area that troubles the patient rather than offering more surgery than you might want or can afford. Definitely see a board certified plastic surgeon, explain your expectations and priorities, and make sure that the surgeon understands your goals and can work with you to achieve them.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Congratulations on  your weight loss.

Difficult to say without examining you but I think  you are on the right track. Liposuction  of the chest will likely be very effective. If  however excess breast tissue is also present ( gynecomastia) this is best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.

Given your significant weight loss history and based on your pictures  I think you  are an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery. Liposuction of the “love handles” may be helpful.  You should be aware however that depending on circumstances (such as loss of skin elasticity) an “extended” tummy tuck  may be necessary to treat the  love handle area (flanks). This extended tummy tuck procedure involves excision of flank and back skin and adipose tissue as well as liposuction surgery. If liposuction alone is done the patient may end up with the  redundant skin and require further surgery to improve the area in the future.

Please make sure you're working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.