Liposuction: Am I Imagining These Results? Four Days Post Op.

I am only four days post op from having liposuction on upper and inner thighs, saddlebag, and stomach and although my thighs are the same as before surgery my stomach has changed dramatically. Not only that but my weight, instead of increasing, went from 150 (before surgery) to 139 in just a matter of days. Do you think I will start to swell more so than my thighs already are in time? I had this surgery thinking I would be fully recovered and photo ready by may 18th, am I just not going to swell?

4 days after lipo

+1

Hi - I'm glad your procedure went well.

In terms of judging results, it's way too early to tell anything about the contours.  Your surgeon can describe to you how it looked at the end of the procedure, and he/she can show you how much was taken off each area - which might help to give you an understanding of what was done.  But in terms of the results, it's going to take about 3-4 weeks for the swelling to go down, and 4-6 months for the skin to redrape.

Hang in there!

Liposuction Recovery

+1

Hi Alhbrooks

You will not be able to make any informed judgements on your final outcome after only 4 days. Everyone's recovery is different, and it can be different in varying parts of the body as you are discovering.

If you have not swollen within the first 4 days, then the 'no change' you are seeing in your thighs is probably the result of the surgical swelling. As this goes away over 6-8 weeks, you will begin to see the results.

Good luck with your recovery

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Gavin Sandercoe, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

+1

How much swelling and when and for how long--these are so variable from patient to patient. Chances are, areas not swollen at 4 days will not swell. 

I usually expect picture ready results in three months. You may be fortunate and see your result sooner. 

All the best. 

Don't judge liposuction results 4 days post op.

+1

You are really too early in your recovery to be assessing your result.  In general, one can be more aggressive on the abdomen than on the thighs and over resection on the thighs can be hard to fix.  Just wait awhile, I am sure your results will be more obvious with time.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD