I Had Liposuction of Hips and Waist 2 Weeks Ago.

I do have some lumpiness and when I saw my Dr. yesterday, I was told if I don't have the Dermosonic Treatments prior to 6 weeks post op, the lumps will harden and stay lumpy for good. Is this true or is is a sales pitch? How important is it to get?

Lumpiness after liposuction

+2

You trusted your surgeon to operate on you after you probably met them in consultation. You should trust their recommendations now.  If you don't, then you should see another surgeon in consultaiton to determine on examination if there is a concern that needs treatment.  Some hematomas, which are blood collections under the dermis, can calcify and form rock-hard masses but this is not a guarantee, and more often than not, the body dissolves them after they become liquified.

Lumpiness After Liposuction

+1
If you have a lot of lumpiness and you can stand the tenderness, you should get the therapy. It will only benefit you. There are no guarantees that the lumps will stay but the massage can help them to dissipate at a much quicker rate. Also, make sure to wear your garment as much as you can.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD