2 Months Post- Tumescent Liposuction - No Results

It's been two months since I had a tummescent liposuction in my back area,arms and thigh lift as well, and I haven't seen any results. Ive been following all my surgeons instructions, I wore my garment for six weeks and I'm having ultrasonic cavitation, but i even fell more swollen. I've been told i gotta be patien to see the results after six months, but it's been two months and i look worse and bigger than I was before the procedure. Is this normal? I'm concerned.

No results from liposuction

+3

You don't show us any photos nor tell us how much was sucked out but you should for certain see a result by 2 months.  Make sure you have not gained weight because if you have, all bets are off.

+2

If at 3 months you see NO results than you have a real issue. As stated compare before and after photos of yourself. Ask amounts of fat removed. Seek additional in person opinions. Was your surgery done locally or did you travel? Sorry for your issues. 

2 months post lipo and no results

+2

While it does take around 3-4 months to achieve your result, I would think you should see something at this point. It is important that you embrace the necessary diet and exercise changes that will allow you to achieve the best possible results. I always tell my patients, 50% surgery, 50% lifestyle changes. I would give yourself a few more months as the earliest to consider revisionary surgery would be 6 months, preferably 12 months.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

Liposuction

+2

Certainly by 2-3 months you should see some results from your liposuction presumiong that your weight is about what it was before surgery.

No Resul;ts 2 Months Post- Tumescent Liposuction

+2

By 2 months after liposuction you SHOULD see a decided difference.

Compare your BEFORE and AFTER photographs and if you still do not see a difference seek a second opinion. Mexico has MANY great Plastic surgeons.

Peter A Aldea, MD

What To Expect Following Liposuction

+1

It’s not unusual for patients to suffer significant swelling in the immediate post-operative period.  When severe swelling is present, results are often hard to see following tumescent liposuction.  In some cases, swelling can actually make patients look worse than they did before surgery.  In most cases, swelling resolves in 3 to 4 weeks following treatment, but in some cases may persist for 3 to 4 months following this procedure.

In this situation it’s hard to say exactly what’s going on without pictures or a physical exam.  It would be helpful to know how much was removed and whether or not you’ve gained weight.

The vast majority of patients are able to see improvement in 3 to 4 weeks.  For this reason, it’s important to discuss your status with your plastic surgeon.  If you’re not satisfied with the response, a second opinion may be necessary.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent Lipo

+1

At 6 weeks, you can usually see the results by then, or a good percentage.  You should talk with your doctor and obtain more information.  Also, talk with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon if your surgeon is not one.  Some swelling

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and looking bigger

+1

Unless you are eating the same calories and exercising less, or eating more calories than before liposuction, you should not be developing some extra weight so the increased size must be swelling. Make sure your surgeon doesn't think there is a hematoma or seroma, but for it to be involving the multiple areas you describe, this would be almost impossible for all of them to be affected by such hematomas or seromas. Ask your surgeon how much supranatant fat was removed from each area. This can tell you if you will see a result. For an average person, if at least 100 to 200 ccs of suprnatant fat is removed from a lower abdomen, outer thigh or both sides of the back, there should be an improvement in contour. The back, neck and inner knees may exhibit good eventual results even with 50 ccs of fat removed or less at times.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lipo results

+1

You should have seen some results right away. By 6-8 weeks most swelling is gone. Sometimes inactivity in the recovery period can lessen intitial results if you gain weight. Agree that a second opinion in a couple of months may be helpful

Michael Hueneke, MD