36 yo female, 5'2, 150 lbs, is Liposuction a good option for me? Should I do laser or traditional? What is the recovery like?

I am a 36 year old female that has always been average weight. I never have had a flat stomach even when I was 115 pounds, but that's just where I carry my weight. I am now 5'2 and 150 pounds. I work out daily for an hour, lift weights and have been following weight watchers, but the scale will not budge. My doctor put me on effexor after a bad breakup and I gained 20 pounds that was six months ago. I have had my Thyorid checked and everything else. Will Lipo help me?

Liposuction might be a very good treatment for you.

+1
Case the skin in the area you have in question and if it is greater than 1 inch liposuction may be a some benefit. It would be useful for you to post a photograph. There's no advantage laser assisted liposuction over conventional negative pressure liposuction.

Liposuction for weight loss

+1
Liposuction is not a weight loss tool.  As tough as it sounds, weight loss is a matter of calorie balance.  Speak with  your primary care physician about your frustrations and she/he should be able to offer you some guidance.  

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Liposuction

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1
There is no way to give an answer to body contouring surgery without knowing what you look like. The results from liposuction are  due to the talent and experience of the surgeon, not the type of machine chosen for the procedure.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Is liposuction helpful

+1
Liposuction can possible help if you are an adequate candidate.  Consultation with board certified plastic surgeons will help guide this decision.  Personally, I do not use LASER liposuction.  It adds time to the procedure and cost without improved results.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS,FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS