Can Liposuction Be a Good Choice to Help Flatten the Tummy?

I cant do a TT due to my work. I'm 36 yro and has had 2 c-sections 5'4 and 169 lbs....I was over 208 over a year ago and I'm watching everything I eat

Liposuction may be just what you need if tummy tuck is out of the question.

+2

Liposuction may be just fine if you can't take the time off for a tummy tuck since lipo is a great motivator to kick start your dieting and exercising programs. Good Luck.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Tummy tuck vs. Lipo for abdomen

+1

Without examining you, I can;t be sure, but if you lostg a lot of weight and had two children, you most likley have loose skin or weak muscles that would probably require a tummy tuck. 

Liposuction can flatten the tummy.

+1

Hi.

You really need to be examined. If you have too  much excess skin or a big separation of the muscles, liposuction alone may not be for you.  But for many women superficial liposuction (Gasparotti technique) can do wonders.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Liposuction to flatten the tummy

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss, you should be proud of yourself. Keep it off. Maintain a good exercise program and continue to observe a healthy diet. A liposuction surgeon can examine you and determine if the majority of your fat is under the skin and above the muscle wall. This is the ideal liposuction candidate with a localized fat deposit in the abdomen. If, however, the fat is mostly or significantly around the intestinal tract and behind the muscle wall, then liposuction can not make a flat stomach!

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction to flatten the tummy

+1

If you have excess fat in the abdominal area but do not have excess skin also, then Liposuction is the appropriate surgery. It will remove the fat from under relatively taught skin and, thus, flatten the tummy. If, however, you have excess (loose) skin (you are likely to have this after pregnancy or weight loss) then the surgery needed is a tummy tuck that also removes the extra skin. With extra skin, you would have looser skin after Liposuction alone.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Flat Tummies with Liposuction

+1

You can't removed excess skin with liposuction. Liposuction is generally used to help shape your body, and though it does this by removing fat, it is more about sculpting than removing. If you feel that you skin is saggy, liposuction will probabably not achieve the results you want. 

Srdjan Ostric, MD

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck are 2 very different operations

+1

Although Tummy Liposuction and Tummy Tuck may be done on the same area of the body, they are two very different operations with different indications (IE reasons to operate), different goals and different capabilities.

LIPOSUCTION will remove and sculpt the fat under the skin. It will NOT do the job of a Tummy Tuck. It will NOT bring split tummy muscles together. It will not narrow the waist, remove all loose tummy skin, lift a sagging Mons pubis. None of these things a well-done Tummy Tuck WILL do.

If your goal is to remove a localized fat collection and look better in clothes but risk having obvious loose, maybe even hanging skin, then a liposuction is for you. On the other hand, if your goal is to end up with maximal tummy tightness and flatness, but at the cost of a transverse scar (hidden in the underwear), then nothing but a Tummy Tuck will get it for you.

Choose wisely.