Can You Get Liposuction and a Full Tummy Tuck with a Lapband in

Im getting the lapband can i get lipo and a full tummytuck

Abdominoplasty and liposuction after lap band placement

+3
You can have an abdominoplasty and liposuction after lap band placement. I do this routinely. Your surgeon will need to know that you have had this procedure and can take appropriate precautions at the time of your surgery to avoid damaging the port.
I would encourage you to discuss this with your bariatric surgeon as well. In certain patients we have elected to deflate the band prior to surgery to allow for greater caloric intake after surgery which can aid in the healing process.
Good luck.

Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Can I get lipo, TT with lapband

+1
Yes you can get liposuction and TT with a lap band in place but you should make your surgeon aware of this for those can be injured doing the procedures. Not all plastic surgeons are familiar with them. You may end up feeling and even seeing the port after your surgery.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lap Band and Tummy tuck and liposuction

+1
Having body contouring procedures such as liposuction and tummy tuck post lap banding operation is very common.  It does help for your surgeon to change your port to a low profile port if you have a high profile port at the time of the operation to minimize the bulge and discomfort of the port.  Occasionally the site of the port can also be modified to a more appropriate positon based on your new body contour.  

It is also important for your Plastic/Cosmetic surgeon to be aware of the Port tubing insertion site and associated hernia.  Although rare if your surgeon does not appreciate this problem during surgery they could injure your bowel. 

Plastic Surgery and the Lap-Band

+1

Yes, it is okay to have liposuction and a full tummy tuck with the Lap-Band. Most patients will not need plastic surgery because of the gradual and steady weight loss obtained with the Lap-Band. However if plastic surgery is desired it will not usually be considered for at least a year or two after the operation.

Christopher S. Cobourn, MD
Mississauga Bariatric Surgeon

Tummy Tuck with Lap Band?

+1

Yes, it should not be a problem having the tummy tuck surgery with a lap band and it port in place.

Lap-band and liposuction and tummy tuck

+1

Yes you can have Lap-band and liposuction after a Lap-Band.  If you need these procedures it means that the surgery was  a success.  Sometimes at the same time as the tummy tuck we will revise the port placement and change to a low profile port and even bury it under the muscle that there is no bump on your abdominal wall that can occur after you lose a lot of weight.  Congratulations on needing a tummy tuck, it means you were successful with the surgery.

Shawn Garber, MD, FACS, FASMBS
Long Island Bariatric Surgeon

Tummy tucks and lap bands

+1

I perform abdominoplasty surgery all the time on patients with lap bands.  The key is to work around the port. Sometimes there are limitations in the upper abdominal tightening where the port is located.

Tummy tuck after lap band

+1

I do this all the time.  The port stays in place and a tummy tuck is just done around it.  The muscle tightening needs some customization but the rest is routine.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Tummy tucks after lap band surgery

+1

A lap band can help a lot of patients loose a lot of weight.  The side effect of this is often a lot of excess skin and fat of the abdominal area and patients often wish to undergo a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty.  A tummy tuck can be done after lap band surgery -  the plastic surgeon should be able to palpate the port and during the surgery usually the plastic surgeon stays away form the port leaving the capsule that the body has formed around the port intact.  Rarely the port may be in such a position that it will interfere with the tightening of the muscles and then the bariatric surgeon may be involved to reposition the port.  If you are contemplating a tummy tuck and have undergone a lap band procedure be sure to discuss this with your plastic surgeon as well as your bariatric surgeon.

Susan E. Downey, MD

Experienced Plastic Surgeons CAN do a Tummy Tuck and Liposuction in patients with LapBands

+1
Tummy Tuck and Liposuction can be done in patients with LapBands. I have done it multiple times with very satisfying results. Since you will need to have the port moved during surgery, you should discuss the location you want it placed with your Plastic surgeon. Dr. Aldea