Liposuction for my Ankles and Calves?

Dear Dr., I had liposuction for my ankles cover 2 and half years ago. however, my ankles get swollen at night time but in the morning and after resting the swelling goes away. This has been bothering me. Please advise me of a treatment as my job requires walking around and staying on my feet. Please advice anything beside keeping my legs ellevated because i do that already. Any treatment any where? i am disperate at this point and regret this liposuction procedure. Thank you

Liposuction of the Cankles

+1

Hello. Liposuction of the “cankles” is a procedure that I have performed multiple times. The swelling that you explain is usually due to the lack of compression following the surgery. I have my patients wear compression stockings that provide 40 mmHg for 6 months following liposuction in order to prevent swelling. You should consult with your surgeon about compression as you will most likely need this treatment for at least 6 months, if not longer.

Jaime Perez, MD
Liposuction Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa