Lose Inches in Waist from Butt and Flanks Liposuction?

I am a female, 5'5", weighing 130 pounds. I want mainly my flanks and butt Liposuctioned. Can I lose inches in my waist that way?

Will definitely lose inches from Liposuction

+1

By flanks, I suspect you mean your hips. Usually we can get a lot out of hips which would then give you a smaller waist. Buttock liposuction doesn't affect waist lines but does make everything look more proportionate and nicer if you do your butt and/or outer thighs when you do your hips. Cost is roughly $5000.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Not necessarily.

+1

It depends on how much is removed from the flanks. This amount for the average person is a small amount and therefore, though your waist will be smaller, it will not be inches!

Liposuction

+1

The short answer is yes but this depends on many factors: mainly your skin quality, your age and the amount of subcutaneous fatty tissue. In general, liposuction is not used for weight loss or shaving inches off your waist. It's best used to treat defined areas of the body which are out of proportion to the rest of the body.

The best liposuction candidates are those who are at or close to their ideal body weight, have good quality skin and do not gain or lose weight in a cyclical fashion. At 5'5" inches tall and weighing 130 pounds, you are probably a good candidate from a body mass index perspective.

Liposuction of the flanks and buttocks is commonly performed and you would probably have a decent result, but a physical examination is obviously required. Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD

Dimension changes after flank liposuction

+1

You might lose some inches in your waist and you might not. It depends on how much fat is removed, how the skin contours, etc. Liposuction is not really done do specifically target waist size; It is intended to reduce unwanted projections created by excess fat. If decrease waist size accompanies that result, that's great. But it cannot be guaranteed.