Would Liposuction Fix This?

Hi, I'm a 22 year old, 5'7", female considering liposuction. I went from 11.5 to 9 stone, now settled at 9.5 stone. I now have "folds" on my stomach which makes two horrible red lines when I've been sitting down. I can grab them and pull them out. They are under my bra at the bottom of my ribs. I also have fatty pockets which fold over my bra at my armpits. I call them my 2nd boobs! I don't wear vest tops and have never worn a bikini as a result. Would lipo fix this and make it tighter?

Liposuction and Loose Skin

+1

Liposuction is very good for removing excess fatty deposits. Unfortunately, it really doesn't fix problems with loose skin. It sounds like you should see a surgeon that is experienced with abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). That might be the correct answer for you.                                                                                    For the extra fatty pockets that fold over your bra: Liposuction is a great way to treat this issue. It is a fairly easy procedure to undergo and can really make that area much flatter and allow you to wear tank tops and bikinis. For someone that has about an inch to pinch in that area, another option could be Liposonix. This is a non-invasive ultrasound device that helps to shrink fat away.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction and loose skin

+1

Loose skin is not treated by liposuction.  An exam in person may be helpful to determine the best treatment approach.

What Can Liposuction Correct?

+1

Liposuction is great for removing fat but doesn't do much for loose skin. There are adjuncts that can be used to help tighten the skin but in order to assess the likely success of these, one would need to examine your skin tone.

Maisam Fazel, MBBChir, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Would Liposuction Fix This?

+1

Loose skin will not be made better with liposuction.  If these are just fatty deposits with reasonable skin then liposuction may help.  This is hard to advise without pictures or an exam.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction removes fat, and does not tighten excess skin

+1

Liposuction removes fat. It does not tighten skin. Liposuction of your tummy might result in loose skin and not correct your problem. A tummy tuck will fix this for you. You might consider waiting until you have completed your family.

Liposuction of the pre-pectoral fat at the armpits might be the answer for this area.

John Silverton, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon