Liposuction on female 34 years old - 163 cm tall and weighing 60 kilos

Dear Docs I have lipo planned for the end of this month - tummy, love handles , inner /outer legs. I wonder how effective the results will be by april 2014 since I have planned a beach holiday. How much bruising and swelling I am to expect by then? Thank you

+1

Most of the swelling is gone in 4 to 6 weeks. 

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Liposuction recovery is fast when done under tumescent local with the micro canulas.

+1

Recovery varies depending upon the type of liposuction you are having. The fastest which I also think gives the smoothest best results is the tumescent lipo with the micro cannulas. Bruising is minimal and lasts 5-7 days and swelling is majorly gone in 1 month although the end results are at  5-6 months with all lipos. You should see a dramatic improvement in the areas liposuctioned at 1 month and if you have another 1 or so, then you should really look great for your beach party. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction Results

+1
Patients are typically extremely happy with their results after liposuction. You are correct in that it takes time to fully recover from your procedure and see the final results. It takes three to six months to see the final results. At three months when your vacation occurs you should be pretty close to your results, you will definitely see a difference by that time. All of the bruising is typically gone in two weeks so that should not be an issue by your vacation. I do still usually advise patients to be mindful of the sun as the small incisions can still be irritated by the sun at only three months. I hope this answers your question.

Johnny Franco, MD