Cost, Age Requirement, and Consultation for Fat Transfer on Breasts?

What is the minimum age for fat transfer from hips to breast in Toronto? What is the price range? Is the cost of liposuction included along with the fat transfer to breast price as well? Is consultation before the surgery necessary? Please answer for me and thank you.

You make it sound so minor

+3

Your comments about the consultation ahead of time and the pricing suggest to me that like many, you think that this is just a minor little procedure. in fact, it is a costlier, longer, more painful, and longer recovery procedure than an augmentation.

As others have said, it is still in its early stages. Injecting anything into a cancer-prone organ is something that has to be considered thoughtfully. Excellent results are starting to be reported, but you must understand this procedure is at its infancy.

If you are in Toronto, I would suggest you see Dr. Mitch Brown. He's a great guy and an awesome breast surgeon. I don't know if he does fat injection, but if not, he'll tell you why - and he'll know if anyone reputable is doing it in Toronto.

Don't confuse fat injection with the breasts as being some kind of a simple panacea! it's not.

Fat transfer still experimental for breasts

+1

I'm not sure if the rules are different in Canada, but in the U.S. fat transfer to the breasts for cosmetic augmentation is still considered experimental. Your best bet would be to find out if there are any clinical trials underway in your area.

Richard Baxter, MD