Cost, Age Requirement, and Consultation for Fat Transfer on Breasts?

What is the minimum age for fat transfer from hips to breast in Toronto? What is the price range? Is the cost of liposuction included along with the fat transfer to breast price as well? Is consultation before the surgery necessary? Please answer for me and thank you.

You make it sound so minor

+3

Your comments about the consultation ahead of time and the pricing suggest to me that like many, you think that this is just a minor little procedure. in fact, it is a costlier, longer, more painful, and longer recovery procedure than an augmentation.

As others have said, it is still in its early stages. Injecting anything into a cancer-prone organ is something that has to be considered thoughtfully. Excellent results are starting to be reported, but you must understand this procedure is at its infancy.

If you are in Toronto, I would suggest you see Dr. Mitch Brown. He's a great guy and an awesome breast surgeon. I don't know if he does fat injection, but if not, he'll tell you why - and he'll know if anyone reputable is doing it in Toronto.

Don't confuse fat injection with the breasts as being some kind of a simple panacea! it's not.

Keep in mind that this is a controversial procedure.

+1

Dear Self-concerned

There are many advocates for breast augmenation with fat grafting. Please recognize that this is truely an evolving area of research. Therefore, having this procedure places you in the early adopter category, i.e. you are essentially being experimented on.

There are many appealing aspects to the prospect of having breast augmentation using one's own fat including having fat harvested from areas that would benefit from liposuction.

Early objections to this procedure related to the fact that grafted fat that does not take dies and calicifies. The concern was that this could produce confusing results with mamomography. Abnormal calification is an early feature in the detection of breast cancer. However, advances in mammography appear to make this less of a concern.

Also fat is now placed in a way that makes the take better than in the past. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery has a very responsible statement regarding this procedure.

I would encourage you to get multiple opinions before committing yourself to a particular procedure. You should be seeing board certified general plastic surgeons who devote a significant portion of their practice to breast surgery.

Dr. Steinsapir

Fat transfer still experimental for breasts

+1

I'm not sure if the rules are different in Canada, but in the U.S. fat transfer to the breasts for cosmetic augmentation is still considered experimental. Your best bet would be to find out if there are any clinical trials underway in your area.

Richard Baxter, MD