Liposuction or Extended Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I lost 5 stone in 6 months about 5 years ago. Put on a bit of fat since then but still fit and work out 3 to 4 times per week. 27 years old. I have Bad stretch marks on my love handles. I weigh 100 kilos but most of it is muscle.

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on an initial evaluation of the photographs, you should be fine with liposuction alone. To verify, you will need in person consultation and exam. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced andd expert board certified plastic surgeons.

Tummy tuck or lipo

+1

Dear rob27bert,

Looking at your pictures and considering your age , you will look much better by doing liposuction.  The tools of doing it do not matter, meaning, laser or ultrasound or PAL. It is the surgeons skills and not the tool that will give you the result that you are looking for. Choose an experienced board certified plastic surgeon and look at his before and after pictures. This way you will be able to judge if the surgeon can deliver. I have been using the PAL ( power assisted liposuction ) for over 15 years, but as I  said, it is the hand and not the tool. Additional point. Your side view, shows a significant muscle laxity which can be improved dramaticaly by a tummy tuck. However, due to your young age, with determination and hard exercise you can tighten the muscle on you own.

Good luck,

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs tummy tuck

+1

It is difficult to say what would best suit you, since an exam to evaluate the skin laxity would be necessary. 

Liposuction or not?

+1

From your history and photos, liposuction alone should be of help.  Using ultrasound or laser assist may be of some help in reducing loose skin.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon