Would Lipo on Lower Butt Help Elongate my Legs?

Hi, 4 months ago, I had liposuction on my lower abs and love handles with pleasing results. However, I am booked in for more lipo to the lower back of love handles, upper thighs, inner thighs, saddlebags, lower buttocks and knees.

I already feel that my buttocks sags and I am worried that it will have the same affect. I am only 5’2” and look smaller from the back due to the sagging. Do you think that having lipo on the lower buttocks will lift this area and make my legs look longer?

Caution with liposuction in the lower buttock

+2

This is an area of caution with liposuction, and I would advise that you review this with your surgeon.

Liposuction of the lower back just above the upper buttocks may enhance the appearance and is commonly performed with buttock augmetentation.

However, liposuction of the infragluteal crease ("banana roll") or the lower buttocks may result in loss of support and the so-called "wet-diaper" appearance.

Liposuction of buttocks

+1

Liposuction of the lower buttocks can make the buttocks sag more than before. I would avoid it in most cases.

Liposuction of lower buttocks makes them sag more

+1

I agree with other doctors.  Liposuction of the lower buttocks is a terrible idea.  Fat injections in the upper buttocks (Brazilian butt lift) may help.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Ususally a very bad idea to liposuction the buttocks

+1

In my experience, patients who have had liposuction of the buttocks elsewhere ( as this is a procedure I personally avoid doing) often end up with nearly uncorrectable defomities.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD