Double Chin Liposuction, Breast Lift with Implants & Tummy Tuck at the Same Time?

I am 5'4 and my weight is 115. and I am wanting a tummy tuck a breast lift with implants and some liposuction for under my chin since i have a bit of a double chin. can this be done on one surgery day? and how long does it normally take?

Possibly, depending on how long it takes

+2

Adding a small liposuction under your chin will not add much to the operating time. A decision to combine a number of surgeries depends on your health and the length of the procedures. Your surgeon can make that decision with input from the anesthesiologist. Talk to a Board Certified plastic surgeon about your choices. Good luck.

Multiple procdures...

+2

With your height and weight, adding liposuction of the chin at the same time with a "mommy makeover" (breast augmentation & lift with a tummy tuck) can be completed safely in 3-4 hours.  This is the same time for many other cosmetic procedures, i.e.,  eyelids and facelift, for example.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Combination Surgery Often Done at One Time

+1
Breast implants/Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck as well as smaller procedures like upper neck (chin) Lipo Often Performed Together.
Different surgeons will recommend different procedures including doing more than one at a time. Some surgeons also differ in ability, time it takes to do the same procedure and general. It makes this a difficult choice for patients. Based on my own experience I would do all at once as long as it takes 4 or less hours. Surgeons should never perform elective operations that they are uncomfortable performing or feel unwise for them, nor should they be faulted for doing so. However, for me, I typically perform a tummy tuck and breast augmentation and lift (mastopexy) at the same time and usually takes about 3-4 hours so I recommend this be done in one surgery and this is what many refer to a Mommy Makeover.

Not only that,if you did not need a breast lift, I usually place breast implants through the Tummy Tuck incision but I prefer this technique. Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation Combination makes sense and is safe. Contrary to some of the answers I have found that the recovery time is not delayed and is the same as the tummy tuck procedure by itself. That is because you are healing simultaneously and not sequentially - both heal at the same time. The procedure only takes me about a half hour to 45 minutes longer than the tummy tuck alone. Best of all, I usually put in the breast implants through the tummy tuck incision so that there are no scars on the breasts.
I have performed many of these combination procedures over the past few decades and think it is a great idea without significant increased complications

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Mommy Makeover and Chin Liposuction at the same time....

+1

You are thin and a tummy tuck, augmentation mastopexy, and neck liposuction should take around 4-5 hours.  Assuming you are otherwise healthy, I would be comfortable with this combination of procedures.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Tummy tuck, breast lift, implants and chin lipo

+1

Depending on the surgeon and techniques used, this can take a minimum of 4 hours and easily up to 7 hours. Discuss these options with at least 3 diffferent surgeons as to the optimal procedures and recommended approach.

Multiple Procedures Done in 1 Day

+1

In my practice these are procedures that I would do all together if wanted at one time.  It would probably take around 4 hours to complete the entire surgery. 

Robert N. Young, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover, tummy tuck

+1

The combination you describe is perfectly safe and in properly selected patients can be performed on one operative session. HOwever, I am not in favor of chin/neck liposuction and strongly prefer an open technique through a small incision underneath the chin. Liposuction in this area frequently leads to contouring problems and excess scar tissue. If you ever desire a neck or facelift in the future, the scar tissue left behind can be problematic for the surgeon and you. Ask your surgeon about open cervicoplasty instead.

Patti A. Flint, MD

Combining plastic surgery procedures

+1

You are looking to have a "mommy makeover" which is very popular with my patients(plus the chin liposuction). It can all be done as an outpatient if you are in good health. It should take close to four hours. My patients who combine procedures benefit from reduced costs and single recovery. Watch my videos!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants with a lift combined with abdominoplasty and chin liposuction: A full day but worth it.

+1

The combined operation you described is achievable within one day. A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breast lift (mastopexy) with implants (mastopexy augmentation) is considered a mommy-makeover which usually takes 6 hours. Chin liposuction can be performed in 40 minutes so your procedure may be over 7 hours. I would definitely observe you overnight  and you should be aware of the additional risk of combined operations. Combined operations can be related to an increased risk of wound infection and blood clots, however this may be lessened by maintaining your temperature during the operation and early ambulation after the case. Make sure you stop your birth control pills 3 weeks before to lessen the risk of blood clots. 

I would urge you to see a board certified plastic surgeon who can explain the risks of combined operations, and performs these routinely. Please let me know if you have questions.

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Multiple procedures

+1

Performing multiple procedures at the same time is certainly reasonable provided that you are healthy.  You should review this with your doctor.