Cost of Liposuction on Sides and Back?

Hello I am 18 years old, and I want to know how much does liposuction cost to have my sides and back done? My mom had liposuction done and it turned out fantastic!!!!

Factors affecting cost of liposuction

+2

As Dr. Placik has pointed out, there are a number of factors that can directly affect the cost of a liposuction procedure. The most important of these is time. There is generally a direct correlation between the time required for a procedure and the cost of the operation.

If your liposuction is limited to your back and sides the costs may be less than in some other areas because it can probably all be done in the prone position, i.e. with you lying on your stomach during surgery. In more complex cases, patients may have to be repositioned on the operating table during surgery and this can be very time consuming.

Another major factor affecting costs is the type of anesthesia. If the area treated is large or if there is a lot of fat to be removed, the surgery may require general anesthesia, which is more costly than if the procedure were done under local anesthesia or with sedation.

Good luck on your treatment and I hope you are able to achieve your goals.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of sides and back.

+1

Most often the amount of time spent determines the price.  this can translate into how many areas are being done, (each area takes a certain amount of time).  Liposuction prices will vary from city to city and surgeon to surgeon. There are many variables in price. Often these variables are not in the control of the surgeon, (O.R. fee, anesthesia fee, supplies, etc). Beware of bargain basement pricing. Cheap can become expensive quickly. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon. Together you should be able to find a plan that is safe and effective.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Cost of liposuction on sides and back

+1

This can vary tremedously on:

1. how much is to be removed?
  2. anesthesia: local or general?
  3. surgical facility?
  4. postoperative garments?
  5. medications?
  6. surgical device charge (SAL, UAL, PAL, LAL

IF you are delighted with your mom's results, I would schedule an appointment with your mom's surgeon.